If you have got error 12007 in the middle of your QuickBooks update, then there is nothing to worry about, as it is quite easy to fix this update error in QuickBooks. Error 12007 is provoked when the QB Desktop app can’t communicate with the internet, or your internet connection is experiencing technical difficulties. Internet connectivity issues might appear in QuickBooks because of numerous reasons including misconfigured QuickBooks settings and improper internet connection set up. Follow the complete article, as you will find every detail you need to have to fix QuickBooks update error 12007.
What is QuickBooks Error 12007?
Not only QuickBooks Desktop software, every other Windows application that requires access to the internet throws an error when there is an issue with your internet connection. However, you might notice different error codes in other applications but when QuickBooks experience difficulties connecting with the internet it gives an error code 12007 with an error message description “Problem Error 12007: A network timeout that is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the server.”
The error message description also suggests a solution, i.e., “Check your Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks from the Help> Internet Connection Setup menu selection. Verify that your connection is set to use your computer’s internet connection.” Down below we have listed all the reasons that trigger update error 12007 in QuickBooks.
What Cause QuickBooks Error 12007
- Issues with your internet connection like frequent outages or sluggish performance.
- QuickBooks is not correctly set up to use the computer’s internet connection.
- Windows firewall or antivirus installed on your computer is preventing QuickBooks from downloading the updates from the internet.
- Internet Explorer is not set up as your default internet browser.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is not properly installed on Windows.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 12007
Troubleshooting Step 1: Verify your Internet Connectivity Status
- Open Internet Explorer and visit any safe website like google.com.
- If you can access the internet, then follow the next troubleshooting step and in case if you are facing issues getting to the internet then contact your IT professional or call QuickBooks Desktop Support.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Set Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser
- Click the Gear icon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options and click the Programs tab.
- Click the Make Default option and check-mark the Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser checkbox.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Set Up Internet Explorer
- Exit QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Click Internet Options under the Gear icon.
- Under the Security tab, make sure the security settings are not set to be more than Medium High.
- Click OK and navigate to the LAN Settings.
- Make sure that Automatically Detect Settings checkbox is marked and Use a Proxy Server option is unmarked.
- Hit OK and restart Windows.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Exclude QuickBooks from Windows Firewall and your Antivirus
- For detailed instructions, on removing QuickBooks from the scan list of Windows Firewall and your Antivirus follow Step 2 and 4 from our article on QuickBooks Update Error 12029.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Update QuickBooks after Changing the Update Settings
- Open QuickBooks and from under the Help tab click Update.
- Now click the Update Now tab on the Update QuickBooks window.
- Check-mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates.
- Now exit QuickBooks and open it again.
- If QuickBooks Error 12007 persists, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 6: Fix Internet Explorer Other Issues
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard and type sfc/scannow.
- Hit OK and follow the instructions over the screen to finish the File Checker Process.
- Once the files are repaired, restart your Windows.
Troubleshooting Step 7: Reinstall QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
NOTE: Before following this troubleshooting step make sure to take a backup of your company file data, as reinstalling QuickBooks will also delete QuickBooks Company File.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and save it on your Desktop.
- Double-click the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe file from your desktop and click I Accept on the license agreement.
- Hit Continue and select the version of your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click OK and follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall QuickBooks.
- After reinstalling the application check if you are still getting QuickBooks error 12007 or the error is resolved.
Hope this article will help you resolve QuickBooks Error 12007, but in case if for some reasons the error is still showing up while updating QuickBooks you can contact us at QuickBooks Error Support Number (844)-888-4666 for assistance.
Related Search Terms: QuickBooks Error 12007, Can’t update QuickBooks Error 12007, QuickBooks Update Error 12007, QuickBooks Error Message 12007, QuickBooks Pro Error 12007, QuickBooks Premier Error 12007, Error Code 12007 QuickBooks, Error 12007 QuickBooks, Error 12007 QuickBooks 2009, Error 12007 QuickBooks 2010, Error 12007 QuickBooks Update, Error 12007 QuickBooks Windows 10, Error 12007 QuickBooks Windows 7, Error Code 12007 QuickBooks, Error 12007 Fix, Error 12007, How do I fix QuickBooks Error 12007, Error code 12007 Unable to Connect to Internet, Internet not Working Getting Error 12007, I am getting QuickBooks Error 12007, Error 12007 When Trying to Update QuickBooks, What is QuickBooks Error 12007, QuickBooks Desktop Update Error 12007, Payroll Update Error 12007