One of the QuickBooks multi-user mode errors that users face while opening and running the QuickBooks Desktop application is QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1 that affect not only QuickBooks but also disrupts other applications like Windows installer, MySQL, and Windows update. This error also arises while opening QuickBooks while running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. This article is intended to show you a quick way to troubleshoot the error with a few easy steps. Follow the complete article for detailed instructions on fixing Error 193: 0xc1 while trying to open QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error 193 is a data error that can result in permanent data loss if not tackled on time. Users are therefore suggested to dial Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 and contact experts for troubleshooting help
What is QuickBooks Error 193?
Error 193 arises in QuickBooks when Windows cannot start QuickBooksDBXX service, which is required to run QuickBooks on Windows. Once a user encounters QuickBooks Error 193: 0xc1 while starting QuickBooks, the error message “Services: Windows could not start the QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer” appears on the user’s screen. The XX in QuickBooksDBXX describes the version of your QuickBooks application you are using, like 28, 26, 27, and 29 stands for 2018, 2016, 2017, and 2019 versions of QuickBooks. Below, we have listed all the reasons that cause QuickBooks to get error 193:0xc1.
QuickBooks Error 193 Symptoms
- Occasionally, your QuickBooks Desktop might stop responding.
- Windows also starts freezing for a few seconds.
- Input devices like your mouse and keyboard can also stop responding.
- Some features in QuickBooks might become unavailable.
What Cause QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1?
Numerous reasons can cause interruptions in Windows services, and to fix any error, it is crucial to know the root cause. Check out the list mentioned below and find out what reason is causing error 193:0xc1 in your case:
- If Windows finds more than one file related to the same service, QuickBooks encounters error 193:0xc1.
- Windows cannot locate the path of the required file of the QuickBooks Database service.
- Quickbooks Database Server Manager service is damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks desktop application is not completely installed on Windows.
- Outdated Windows operating system.
The solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 193:0xc1
Solution 1: Update Windows Security Features
An outdated Windows operating system is the leading cause of conflict between Windows components and the QuickBooks Desktop program, leading to errors like 193. Updating the Windows ensures that you have the latest security features and updates for the smooth functioning of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Start button on your computer’s Desktop and select Control Panel.
- Click Windows Update and hit Check for Updates.
- If there are updates available to install, then click Install Now.
- Restart your computer and try running QuickBooks once again.
Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Service
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is the sole in charge of company file operations in multi-user mode. If this QuickBooks component is not running on the server computer, you can encounter errors like 193 in QuickBooks.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard and type services.msc.
- Hit Enter and locate QuickBooksDBXX service from the list of services.
- Right-click the service and select Restart.
- If you are still unable to run QuickBooks, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Scan your Computer to Remove Infections
Having a virus infection can cause a lot of damage to the QuickBooks program, and it is also a threat to the company data. It is suggested to get rid of any infections from your system as soon as possible to resolve any errors you are facing with QuickBooks and to safeguard your QuickBooks data.
- Download an antivirus if Windows defender is not working.
- Install and run the antivirus to scan your system for any infections.
- Remove the infections and follow the next troubleshooting step to reinstall Quickbooks.
Solution 4: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
If none of the solutions helped you resolve the error 193, the only option left is to reinstall the QuickBooks. Reinstalling ensures that your QuickBooks Desktop application is free of any glitches that may trigger error 193 in it. Always secure a backup of your company data before uninstalling QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Control Panel by selecting it from the Start menu.
- Select Add/Remove Program or Uninstall a Program option.
- Find and double-click QuickBooks in the list of programs and select the option to completely remove it from the system.
- Download the correct version of your QuickBooks Desktop and run the installer file to begin the installation and when prompted, enter the product registration information to activate QuickBooks Desktop.
For more detailed instructions on installing QuickBooks, follow step 3 from our article on QuickBooks Event ID Error 4.
If you are still getting QuickBooks 193:0xc1 QuickBooks Service fails to start error, then you can contact your IT person to troubleshoot the error on Windows or get in touch with us at +1- 855 738 2784, and one of our experts will connect with your computer to provide you an instant solution to the error.