The QuickBooks error H505 indicates issues while accessing company files in the multi-user settings. In this article, let’s investigate this commonly found H-series QB error in detail.
QuickBooks Multi-User Mode is among the various QB features, where multiple users can work on the same company file from different workstations in a network. Accessing the company file in a multi-user environment is as simple as accessing the file on your computer. However, the problem arises when QuickBooks, for some reason, cannot access the company file and gives the error H505.
If you are also getting an error message with Error code H505, then follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
If the error troubles after all the troubleshooting solutions, or you feel stuck somewhere, dial the Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 and receive immediate professional assistance
What Does QuickBooks Error Code H505 Mean?
There are several types of H-series errors that arises in QuickBooks and most of these are related to the network issues that evolve when you use try to access the company file stored on the server. Whenever QuickBooks face difficulties connecting with the server, it throws an H-series error on the screen. QuickBooks Error Code H505 is displayed when QuickBooks on the user’s computer is unable to connect with the other computer in the network that is hosting the company file. This error indicates that there are technical glitches in the network set up that is interrupting the connection between different workstations in the network.
Reasons that Trigger QuickBooks Error Code H505
The following reasons are responsible for triggering QuickBooks error code H505:
- Incorrect hosting set up of the QuickBooks Desktop application on the server that is hosting the company file.
- Windows firewall or a third-party firewall is obstructing the connection between the computers in the network.
- Damaged or corrupt Network Data file (.ND) which QuickBooks utilizes to establish a connection with other computers in the network.
- QuickBooks Desktop does not have the latest released updates installed. ( Update QuickBooks Desktop Now)
Indications of Error H505 in QuickBooks
If you wish to know whether the error H505 in QuickBooks has infected your system, look for these signs:
- You will start facing issues enabling Multi-User mode.
- If you have opened a file or report in QuickBooks, it might close unexpectedly.
- You might also notice your system frequently crashing.
- An unresponsive Windows operating system is also a symptom of error H505.
- You will likely not be able to access the company data from the server.
- One most common symptom is the appearance of error code H505 on your screen.
The solution to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H505
Users can consider the following DIY solutions to fix the error code h505 themselves:
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
Updating the QuickBooks application usually fixes minor bugs and glitches and presents the users with an upgraded version. Therefore, execute this solution by undertaking the following process:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from under the Help, tab select About QuickBooks.
- From the Update QuickBooks window click Update Now button.
- Make sure to check-mark the New Features, Maintenance Releases and Reset Updates checkbox.
- Click the Get Update button.
- Restart QuickBooks and if prompted to Install Updates then click Install Now.
- Once the updates are installed restart your computer and try to open the company file again.
Solution 2: Create a New Company File Folder
Altering the location of the company file can help fix the error H505.
- Navigate to the company file folder on the computer that is hosting the company file.
- Create a new folder on your desktop and paste the company file into it.
- Right-click the folder and select Properties.
- Under the Share tab select Advanced Sharing.
- Check-mark Share This Folder checkbox and click the Permissions.
- Select the Full Control checkbox for Everyone Group and click Apply and OK.
- Click Apply and OK once again and now try to open the company file again from the workstation.
Solution 3: Set Proper Hosting on Computers
Managing your hosting settings can fix the issues and glitches in the multi-user mode. Thus, undertake the following steps:
- On your Workstation open QuickBooks and from under the File tab click Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration under the Utility option.
- Now on your Server that has the company file open QuickBooks and select Host Multi-User Configuration under the Files -> Utilities.
- Restart both the Server and the Workstation and try to open the company file again.
Solution 4: Check if the Workstation can Communicate with the File Hosting Server
- Go to the Control Panel and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Change Advanced Sharing Settings option and ensure the Turn on Network Discovery option is selected under the Network Discovery and File and Printer sharing area.
- Press Windows + R to get the Run program up on the screen.
- Type CMD and press Enter or click OK to run the Command Prompt program.
- Once you see a black screen on your screen, type the ipconfig/all command and run it by pressing the Enter key.
- Take a note of the server name and close the command prompt window.
- Now open the same command prompt program on the workstation computer and run the ping(your server name) command without the brackets.
- This command will send some data packets to the server and if your server receives all, you will notice no packet loss and this indicates there are no issues in the connection between the server and the workstation.
- Follow the same steps on each workstation that is giving you the error code H505.
- If some workstations can’t receive all the packets sent to the server, contact your IT team for further troubleshooting assistance.
Solution 5: Configure the Windows Firewall Settings
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel.
- Press Enter and search Windows Firewall.
- Click the Allow an app through Windows Firewall option.
- Click the Change Settings.
- Check-mark the box under the Public list for the QuickBooks application.
- If you don’t find QuickBooks in the list then click Allow another app option and browse QuickBooks.
- Click OK and then select the Public option for the application.
- Click OK and try to open the company file again on the workstation and check if you are still getting the Error H505.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
A simple and quick solution to fix the H-series error codes is taking the aid of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. This tool scans all the files and resolves the glitches automatically.
- Before beginning this step, ensure that QuickBooks Tool Hub is installed on your server computer with access to the network.
- After confirmation, install QuickBooks Tool Hub and run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from it to get rid of all the bugs and glitches.
Solution 7: Verify Services on the Server
This solution aims to verify that the QuickBooks services are running on the server system. You should implement the following steps first for QuickBooksDBXX, followed by QBCFMonitorService:
- Begin by going to the Start menu on the server system and typing in Run to open the Run tab. Alternatively, you can press Windows + R keys for Windows 8 and above.
- Here, you need to type services.msc and press Enter.
- Look for QuickBooksDBXX in the list, with XX representing the QuickBooks version.
- Double-click QuickBooksDBXX and move to the automatic tab to locate the Startup type section.
- The service status should be either running or started, and if it’s not select the Start tab.
- Follow up by choosing the Recovery tab and restart the service from each of the following drop-down menus:
- First failure
- Second failure
- Subsequent failure
- Click Apply > OK to save all the changes.
- Repeat all the steps for QBCFMonitorservice.
As the QuickBooks Error H505 occurs because of network issues, there are possibilities that you can again get the same error or the error might not get resolved even after following all the troubleshooting steps. In such conditions, we suggest users call our Desktop Number +1- 855 738 2784 for help and better support.
Are There Any Points to Remember Before Implementing the Troubleshooting Solutions for QB Error H505?
Yes, you must consider the following before initiating any solution:
- Maintain backup of the company files.
- Ensure the latest version of QuickBooks is installed.
- Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to run Quick Fix My Program Tool.
- Configure firewall settings to eliminate obstructions.
- Initiate QBDBSM.
Which Windows OS gets Infected by this Error Frequently?
Usually, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 get infected by this error. Therefore, seeking professional assistance or knowing the troubleshooting solutions is critical to resolving them at the earliest.