QuickBooks update errors are quite common, and most of you might have come across one while using QuickBooks. Interruption from third-party Windows applications is one of the significant reason QuickBooks encounters errors. QuickBooks Error 15215 emerges while downloading and installing the latest released updates of the payroll. However, Error 15215 only affects the update function, and you can still use QuickBooks without any issues. In this article, we will try to explain the causes that trigger the update error 15215 along with a straightforward method to tackle the error. If you don’t feel comfortable, performing the troubleshooting, then you can always contact us for support.
QuickBooks Error 15215 Description
QuickBooks requires a proper functioning internet connection to ensure uninterrupted operations. Certain issues with the internet connection and QuickBooks failure to connect with the internet set off errors in the application. Some other errors that you might face because of internet connectivity issues are QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15270, QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15243, and QuickBooks Error 15241. Immediately after you encounter the error 15215 in QuickBooks, it displays an error message “Error 15215: Unable to verify digital signature”. Numerous troubleshooting steps are suggested to get rid of 15xxx series of errors by QuickBooks experts, and you will find all of them further in the article.
Under the Given Circumstances QuickBooks Encounters Update Error 15215
- User experience difficulties updating payroll when a third-party firewall application obstructs QuickBooks Desktop software’s connection with the internet. This application can also be an antivirus that has a firewall feature.
- Some download manager applications like Internet Download Manager utilize most of the broadband capacity that provokes QuickBooks Desktop error 15215.
- Failure to run QuickBooks using a Windows administrative account is also a reason that prompts QuickBooks to show error code 15215.
- Incompatible Internet Explorer settings cause QuickBooks to return with an error message “Unable to Verify Digital Signature”.
The Solution to QuickBooks Desktop Error 15215
Solution 1: Restart your Computer in Clean Boot Mode
- Press Windows and letter R key at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type the command msconfig in the text box and press the Enter key.
- Now click Selective Startup under the General tab.
- Unmark Load Startup Items box.
- Now checkmark Hide all Microsoft Services check box under the Services tab.
- Now select Disable all option.
- Navigate back to the Startup tab and select Open Task Manager.
- Now right-click and disable all the startup programs.
- Hit the OK button and then restart your computer.
- Try to Update QuickBooks Payroll once again and if you get the same update error 15215 back then follow the next step.
Solution 2: Modify Internet Explorer Settings
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application if it is running on Windows.
- Click the Start button and type Internet Options in the search box.
- Click Internet Options from the list of options.
- Scroll down under the Advanced tab and look for TLS options.
- Check that the Use TLS 1.0 box is check-marked and Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2 options are unchecked.
- Hit Apply and then OK.
- Restart Windows and try running the payroll update once again.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks as an Administrator
- Make sure you have the login credentials to log in as an administrator on Windows.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your desktop and select Run as Administrator.
- Enter the login information if prompted.
- Press Enter to open QuickBooks.
If your error gets resolved after rebooting your computer in the clean boot or selective startup mode, then this indicates that one of your security applications is interrupting QuickBooks connection with the internet and after updating the payroll make sure to reboot your computer in the normal mode. For instructions, you can read the article on Clean Boot for Windows OS. If you feel uncomfortable following the troubleshooting steps, then you can always reach us at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for assistance.