Every month several QuickBooks users search “error 3371” online for a solution, as it is a common error faced by QuickBooks users while activating the desktop application. This error occurs when a user tries to activate QuickBooks on a different computer using a previously activated license. When encountered this error user gets an error message “Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files” you might get different status codes depending upon the reason behind the error.
Here we suggest you call QuickBooks Desktop Helpline Number (844) 888 4666 to get in touch with an expert for help.
Listed below are some of the most common reasons that evokes this error in QuickBooks.
Damaged or Missing QB registration.dat file:
QB registration.dat file is required to validate the user license every time user access QuickBooks application as it contains the license info. If there is damage in this file or the file is missing, then QuickBooks will not function.
Damaged MSXML component:
MSXML a Microsoft component that is required to fetch information from QB registration.dat file for QuickBooks application to validate the registration and the application will not start if this system component is damaged.
Older versions of Windows OS:
You might also get this error if you are not using an updated version of Windows OS so make sure to update your operating system to the latest version to avoid this error.
Antivirus or third party system cleaner applications:
Sometimes antivirus or other security programs deletes or modify QuickBooks application files that can cause this error. To avoid this from happening, exclude QuickBooks folder and its process from the scan list of such applications.
Importing file before saving:
If you are using QuickBooks Enterprise for multiple users with Web connect enabled then make sure to save the file before opening it as it can also trigger this error in the application.
Steps to Fix Error 3371
Fix Damaged QBregestration.dat file:
- Exit QuickBooks application.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Under the Processes tab search and right click QBW32.exe process, and click End Process Tree.
- Click OK.
- Now open Run command window by pressing Windows + R key on your keyboard and type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8 and hit OK.
- Now in this folder find and delete ecml file.
- Click Yes and open QuickBooks application.
Repair Damaged MSMXL files:
Installing and repairing Microsoft components requires a deep understanding of Windows operating system and if you don’t feel comfortable following the steps given below then contact QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Number (844) 888 4666 for experts guidance.
- Press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type cmd and hit OK.
- Right click inside cmd window and select Run as Administrator.
- Type cd\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.
- Now type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter
- Install QuickBooks application.
- Download the msmxl.msi file.
- Click the Windows Start button and in the Search Programs and Files search box type exe /fvaum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and hit Enter.
- Install QuickBooks after the msmxl installation is completed.
- Download and right click the msi installation file and select Run as Administrator.
- Now follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- After the installation completes, install QuickBooks application.
If none of the troubleshooting helps, try performing a clean install of the application. If you found yourself stuck at any point of the troubleshooting, then calm yourself down as we are always here for help, dial QuickBooks Desktop Customer Service Number (844) 888 4666 and one of our phone support expert will help you resolve this error in no time.