After updating and running QuickBooks in multi-user mode, you might get QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Error. Accessing the company file stored on the server gives various errors, including error H202 that is a network connectivity error. When you scan your company files using QuickBooks Database Server Manager to ensure that other computers in the network can connect the results displays “Network Diagnostics: Failed. Resolve Errors and Retry!!” When a user tries to restart the QuickBooksDBXX service to resolve the error, it also triggers an error and QuickBooks then displays “The QuickBooksDBXX service on Local Computer started and then stopped”. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Call QuickBooks Support Number (844)-888-4666 if you Need Assistance Resolving QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Error
Error QuickBooks Network Diagnostics Failed – Description
Running QuickBooks in multi-user mode on a Windows server requires database server manager that allows other computers in the network to access the company file stored on the server. After updating QuickBooks or sometimes out of nowhere QuickBooks starts displaying database server manager network diagnostics failed error and displays:
Network Diagnostics: Issues detected- Trying to resolve… QuickBooks 20XX Server Running… + Windows Firewall: Disabled exceptions not defined. Network Diagnostics: Failed. Resolve errors and Retry!!
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Network Diagnostics Failed Error
Among various reasons that cause QuickBooks database server manager network diagnostics failed error, disabled QuickBooks database service is the most primary one. Other reasons that influence QuickBooks performance and trigger faults running QuickBooks in a multi-user environment are as follows:
- Outdated QuickBooks database server manager is one of the reasons that cause QuickBooks network diagnostics failed error.
- Windows firewall is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the necessary ports required to connect with the internet.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Network Diagnostics Failed Error
Solution 1: Verify the Version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
It is necessary to run the same version of QB Database Server Manager as your QuickBooks, follow the steps below and verify its compatibility:
- Press Windows + R keys together and type Services.msc in the text box of the Run window.
- Press Enter to open the list of installed services.
- Locate QuickBooksDBXX service and check if the last two digits in the name of the process matched your QuickBooks Desktop version.
- QuickBooksDB26 is for QuickBooks 2016 version, QuickBooksDB27 for 2017, 28 for 2018 version and QuickBooksDB29 for 2019 version of QuickBooks.
- If you are having a different versions of QuickBooks Database Server Manager, then install the appropriate version of the component to resolve the error.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair Network Connection Issues
- For detailed instruction on how to utilize QuickBooks file doctor follow our article How to Fix Damaged Company file or Network using QuickBooks File Doctor?
- If QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor didn’t find anything wrong and gives a different error QBDBMgrN not running on this computer, then follow the article [SOLVED] QBDBMgrN Not Running on This Computer Error for a detailed solution.
Solution 3: Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Click the Windows Start button on your computer’s Desktop and search QuickBooks from the search bar.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager and click Updates.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install the latest updates of QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After the update make sure to restart the server and when you access the company file on your workstation QuickBooks will prompt you to update the company file.
- After taking a backup of the company file, update the company file to the new version.
- Now try to open the company file again and if you get the same QuickBooks database server manager server diagnostics failed error then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 4: Set up QuickBooks Database Service (QBDBXX)
- Type Services in the Search Programs and Files search box and click Services option from the list.
- Scroll down and right-click QuickBooksDBXX service and select Stop if the service is running.
- Right-click the service again and select Properties.
- Go to the General tab and change the Start-up type to Automatic from Manual.
- Now move on to the Log on tab and switch Local Account to Local System Account.
- Under the Recovery tab select, Restart the Service option from the drop down list for First Failure, Second Failure, and Subsequent Failures.
- Now close the window and select Start from the left side of the services window.
Solution 5: Configure Windows Firewall
Follow step 4 from the article QuickBooks Error Code H505 for detailed instructions on Configuring Windows firewall to allow QuickBooks to connect with other computers in the network.
If you are still facing an issue accessing the company file from the server, then you might need to reinstall QuickBooks as a final solution to resolve the QuickBooks network diagnostics failed error. You can also reach QuickBooks Support at (844)-888-4666 to seek direct help from certified QuickBooks Desktop specialists.