QuickBooks error C=47 interrupts a user when they are maintaining transactions to go in their financial reports. Since it’s an essential task from accounting, auditing, and taxation perspectives, errors in this can be annoying and time-consuming. However, you need not worry as we provide you with detailed troubleshooting steps to fix the error effectively. Know its causes and prevent it from getting triggered in the future.
QuickBooks is one of the most appreciated accounting applications in the world of small and medium sized businesses. The program does not only help you in maintaining a clear picture of your company records but also supports you in learning more about financial management.
Transactions count as an integral part of running a business as they are proof of the operational activities. Recently, several QuickBooks users have been struggling to work with their transactions due to the interruption caused by QuickBooks Error Code C=47. This issue comes up when a user tries to record, edit, or remove a transaction, which is very evident in the supporting message that comes along with the error saying, “Unable to find the transaction.”
As a result, users are unable to proceed to create their financial reports. For a large percentage of the population, the problem disappears when they close and reopen QuickBooks on their screens. But if that does not seem to help you out, study our advisory blog below and get the necessary assistance to eliminate the C=47 QuickBooks Error.
For situations where you are unwilling to go through the below blog and require an immediate solution for QuickBooks Error C=47, this is the best alternative for you. Instead, consult our QuickBooks Specialists Team at +1- 855 738 2784 and receive prompt and effective troubleshooting tips
Know the Error C=47 in QuickBooks Desktop
Error C=47 in QuickBooks Desktop emerges when the program finds it challenging to locate a transaction while running a report or accessing a QuickBooks company file (.qbw). The instances where users may see this error are:
- While editing a transaction.
- Erasing a transaction from a report or similar feature.
- While attempting to record changes on the transaction in the company file.
- Cleaning up Windows server 2008.
Issues in the internet explorer settings may cause QuickBooks error code C47 to emerge. It indicates difficulty in finding a transaction and also getting a real-time update about the same. The error message for this problem states the following:
“An error has occurred in QuickBooks.” Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C=value and contact . C=47”
Knowing why the c=47 error in QuickBooks appears will help users troubleshoot more effectively and prevent it from occurring again. So, let’s dive into the instigating factors of this error.
What are the Primary Reasons that Lead to QuickBooks Error C 47?
Multiple factors can give rise to Error C=47 in QuickBooks. Some of the most common ones are listed in the points below –
- If the QuickBooks company file is damaged or has been corrupted, users may get troubled with the C=47 error.
- Misconfiguration in the web browser settings for protected websites can evoke QuickBooks Error Message C=47.
- If the computer device has been attacked by a virus or suspicious third-party software has been installed, the chances of this error arising multiply.
- An already present backup of the old data file can lead to QuickBooks C=47 error.
- Internet Explorer’s SSL settings may be incorrect or improper, prompting a C=47 error.
- If the transaction log file is saved in a corrupted folder, QuickBooks error C47 is bound to arise.
- Entries related to editing may also trigger this issue.
- Old versions and outdated QuickBooks Desktop can also result in a C=47 QB error.
Now that the reasons for QuickBooks error 47 are known let’s look into the effective rectification ways to get rid of this error.
Files to Safeguard Before Troubleshooting
Before proceeding with the resolution of the C=47 QuickBooks error, make copies and secure the following files to use them further:
- QuickBooks Transaction Log File (.TLG)
- Corrupted QuickBooks File data (.QBW)
- QuickBooks backed up file (.QBB, .QBW, .QBM)
Effective Resolutions for QuickBooks Transaction Error C=47
In this section, we will discuss a few methods that will help you in eliminating QuickBooks Desktop Error Code C=47 right from the roots. If one method is unable to deliver the results, jump on to the other –
Technique 1 – Perform Basic Company File Troubleshooting
Step 1 – Suppress your Company File when Opening QuickBooks
This is an alternate way to launch QuickBooks Desktop that prevents your company file from opening up directly on the screen –
- Close your company file and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the QBDT icon on your home screen and double-click on it while pressing and holding the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Do not release the key until you are directed to the No Company Open window.
- Choose your company data file, and now, press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Hit the Open button while your press the Alt key.
- Do not release it until you are directed to the login window.
- Release the key, type in your login details and press the key again.
- Tap on the OK button and stop pressing the Alt key once your data file has opened completely.
If QuickBooks Error Code C=47 continues to appear on the screen, proceed to the next step.
Recommended To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code C = 184
Step 2 – Open a Sample File in QuickBooks
Since the data file does not show up in the program, we must check deeper into the issue by opening the company file –
- In the QB Desktop screen, click on the File menu tab.
- Tap on the “Open or restore company” option from the drop-down menu.
- Select one of the sample files and hit the Open button.
Step 3 – Perform a Quick Repair for QuickBooks
In the final step of this method, we will fix the bugs in the QB application by utilizing the in-built repair tool in Windows.
- Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to trigger the Run window.
- Go to the search bar and type Control Panel in the given space.
- Click on OK to get directed to the Control Panel screen.
- Here, you need to click on the Programs and Features tab and then select Uninstall a Program.
- In the following window, locate and select QuickBooks Desktop from the list of programs.
- Now, tap on the Uninstall/ Change button on top and press Next.
- When the program asks you to choose between Repair or Remove, choose to Repair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process and press the Finish button.
- Reboot your computer and access QB Desktop.
Step 4 – Fix the .dll file
- Locate the problem through the catch you downloaded underneath. It will help you correct an error in loading\3\LXCRtime.dll.
- Find the option that says Repair and hit it.
- A dialog box will appear where you need to click the Select All option. Let it fix the QuickBooks C=47 error.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error C=51
Technique 2 – Execute the Verify and Rebuild Tool in QuickBooks Desktop
Verify your Data
- In the QuickBooks Desktop screen, tap on the Window tab and choose the Close All option.
- Next, you need to click on the File tab and scroll to Utilities.
- Select Verify Data and press the OK button. One of the following messages will pop up on the screen –
- “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data” – everything is good to go and no actions need to be performed further.
- A particular message showing up means there is an issue that can be resolved by clicking on the message.
- “Your data has lost integrity” – you must repair the damage in the file through the Rebuild Data tool.
Also Like To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error C 224
Rebuild your Data
- Click on the File tab again and move down to the Utilities option.
- This time you must select Rebuild Data and press the OK button.
- Create a data backup file and allow the tool to run for a while on your program.
- Wait for the message – “Rebuild has completed” to display on your screen and tap on OK.
Re-run the Verify Data Tool
In order to confirm that the above steps were able to fix the problems with your company file, you must run the Verify Data tool again and check if the program displays any more error messages.
Technique 3- Update QuickBooks Desktop
Using an old QuickBooks version can cause problems in compatibility and benefit from the improved tools and features. Therefore, update and re-sort the lists to troubleshoot error C=47.
Step 1 – Update Procedure
- Open the QuickBooks application.
- Visit the Help menu.
- Click the Update QuickBooks option, followed by Get updates.
- Install the updates if available and follow the instructions on the screen to proceed further.
Step 2 – Re-sort the lists
After finishing with the update, resort QB lists to fix the different issues with the QB file:
- Locate the Lists option and click it, followed by selecting the Chart of Accounts option.
- Visit the View menu and hit the Re-sort lists option.
- The next item visible on your screen will be Item lists which you should select.
- Make the necessary alterations and verify the item list.
- Follow the same steps for the customer list as well.
- Now, go to the Customers tab and select the Customers and Job tab.
- Hit the View menu > Resort lists.
- After the re-sorting procedure finishes, close QuickBooks, reboot the system and access the application again to check the existence of the error.
You May Also Like To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error C 343
Step 3 – Update the Device Drivers
Keeping the driver software updated to the latest version will help fix the C47 QB error. So, follow the steps below:
- Reboot the system after un-establishing the device driver.
- Configure the driver and let this process finish.
- Now, go to Start and choose the option- sort device manager.
- Look for the main seeking outcome and choose the device where you want to put the driver.
- Now, you need to update the driver software.
- Look in the system for driver software within the new window.
- Pick one and launch the driver that completes the legacy.
- End the process by hitting Next.
Technique 4- Other Issues
Step 1- Configuring Internet Explorer Settings
Internet explorer settings may cause issues in running the QuickBooks Desktop seamlessly. You need to configure its’ settings. When you update your Internet Explorer, it may revert to the standard settings that block connection with the QuickBooks application.
Step 2 – Scanning for viruses
Viruses or malware infections can cause significant issues in using the QuickBooks application and other programs on the system. So, fix them using antivirus and other tools available. Usually, you will see the error loading\3\LXCRtime.dll appearing due to virus issues. Running the PC’s anti-virus will remove all the junk and infected files and folders, so you are left with clean and usable files and folders.
We have reached the end of our blog on QuickBooks Error C=47. The information stated above has been well-researched and explained in a manner to suit your needs. We hope that after understanding the causes and solutions for this error, you are able to get rid of this error. However, if you require help in carrying out the instructions above, we highly recommend speaking with our experts at +1- 855 738 2784.
Which Windows OS is more prone to QuickBooks C47 error?
QuickBooks C47 errors usually appear in Windows Vista, 7, 8, and XP. Its description states issues with the Internet Explorer settings for secured websites.
What happens when a user encounters a C=47 error?
Users face the following effects of the C=47 error:
- Accessing a company file becomes challenging when you get c = 47 QuickBooks error.
- Opening or closing QuickBooks doesn’t go smoothly.
- Editing, erasing, or saving a transaction becomes a hassle.
- The user becomes unable to perform a Cleanup of the Windows server 2008.
- Active programs may crash, freeze, or hang.
- Keyboard and mouse inputs might garner slow responses.