An error is a fault or failure of the software to run or perform a particular task on different operating systems causing difficulties for the user to utilize the software. QuickBooks error C 343 is one such error that obstructs users from using the QuickBooks Desktop application on Windows. The error appears when the user tries to run QuickBooks Desktop and throws an error message “Unexpected Error: An error has occurred in QuickBooks C = 343.” The error message suggests users restart QuickBooks that doesn’t always help resolve the error. After further analyzing the error, our error support team has found that error c 343 only affects the outdated versions of QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the complete article until the end for detailed instructions on resolving the error.
Get Direct Help Resolving QuickBooks Error C 343 by Calling Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784
Explanation to QuickBooks Error C = 343
For running QuickBooks software on Windows, compatibility is the top requirement. If the software is not compatible with the current version of your Windows OS, then there is not much a user can do. If you are using a discontinued version of QuickBooks Desktop, it might refuse to run on Windows due to several factors, including old library dependencies, security issues, and 16, 32, or 64-bit emulation environment. QuickBooks displays error C = 343 because of Windows compatibility issues, and the suggested solution is to Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version. You will get the following error message when you encounter the error:
Unexpected Error An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks to try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C = value and contact . C = 343
NOTE: You might also get “C=343 [filename].dll is not an executable file?” as an error message if the error is caused by a fault in QuickBooks installation files. Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop resolves error C 343 with such an error message.
What Gives Rise to QuickBooks Desktop Error C 343
QuickBooks Desktop error C 343 falls under the category of C = XXX series of errors where error C = 343 triggers by several reasons listed below:
- An outdated or discontinued version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- An older version of the Windows operating system also causes QB Desktop Error C 343.
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks Desktop Company file.
Here Are Some Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C = 343
Solution 1: Install the Latest Version of QuickBooks Desktop Application
For detailed instructions on installing the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application, follow our article How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version.
Solution 2: Disable Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks Icon
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application on Windows and right-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Select Properties and then navigate to the Compatibility section.
- Uncheck the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox and select OK.
- If the box is unchecked, choose Cancel and follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Disable Windows Compatibility Mode for QuickBooks QBW32.exe file
- Navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder to locate the QBW32.exe file.
- You will find the file inside C:\ Program Files (x86)”—usually C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder.
- Locate and right-click the QBW32.exe file and then select Properties.
- Under the Compatibility section, run this program in compatibility mode for the checkbox is unchecked.
- If not, then uncheck the checkbox and select OK.
- Try to run QB once again, and if you are still getting a QuickBooks error, C 343, then follow the next troubleshooting step to repair the damaged QB Desktop Company file.
Solution 4: Repair Damaged QuickBooks Company File
QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool developed by Intuit® that automatically repairs the damaged QuickBooks company file and network.
- Go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub download page by clicking the QuickBooks Tool Hub option in the Help tab.
- Click the relevant download link and save the Tool Hub setup file somewhere on your system.
- Run the downloaded setup file to begin the installation and follow the on-screen prompts to complete it.
- Once the Tool Hub is installed, run it using the shortcut icon that you can find on your Windows desktop.
- Go to the Company File Issues tab and select QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Select your company file using the Browse option and checkmark the Check File Damage Only option.
- Click the Diagnose File option and let File Doctor identify and resolve issues in the company file.
For more detailed instructions on downloading and installing QuickBooks File Doctor, follow our article How to Fix Damaged Company File or Network using QuickBooks File Doctor.
IMPORTANT: Before following the next troubleshooting step, make sure to Backup QuickBooks Company Data File to avoid crucial business data loss.
Solution 5: Install a Supported Version of Windows Operating System
For detailed instructions on installing a version of Windows that supports QuickBooks Desktop follow the article How to Install a Windows Operating System. The latest version of QuickBooks Desktop requires Windows Vista (SP 2), Windows 7, 8, 10 32-bit, and 64-bit versions installed.
Users have reported instances where even after following all the troubleshooting steps, error C343 reappears in QuickBooks. If this is the case and you are still facing the same error, we suggest you contact us at our Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for immediate help and assistance.