If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user and encounter QuickBooks Error C 184 in the Desktop application while accessing your company data file or generating a report, you can resolve this error issue by following the recommended solution in the article. This error appears when.ND (Network Data) files and.TLG (Transaction Log) files are damaged or if the reporting dates of QuickBooks Desktop are not matching due to 29 days in February.
The best option to get QuickBooks errors resolved without risking the crucial company data is to contact the experts at +1- 855 738 2784
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps Mentioned Below to Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=184
This error message displays, “An error has occurred in QuickBooks. Please restart QuickBooks and try again. If you continue to experience this error, please note the C= value and contact C=184“.
If Mismatched Reports cause the Error
This error usually occurs in leap years as it has 29 days in Feb because of which report date lies outside the range specified by the user. You need to make manual changes to the data range in your reports to resolve QuickBooks Error C 184.
If the Error is Caused by Damaged .ND and .TLG Files
- Locate the folder where the company file is saved on your computer.
- In the same folder, find .ND and .TLG (.ND and .TLG are the extensions of the files, and you can quickly identify such files if they have .ND and .TLG at the end of their names)
- Now right-click on these files and select Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file names. (For example, if the file name is qbw.tlg, then rename it to Yourcompanyfilename.qbw.tlg.OLD)
- Open the QuickBooks application and access your company file. Following these steps will automatically fix the damage in the files.
In case you are still getting the same error message, then follow the additional troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
- Copy the company file and paste it to a different location on your computer.
- Now change the path of the company file in the application.
- Access your company file from the new location and check if your issue is fixed.
- If the issue persists, go to the QuickBooks installation directory and look for the company file having a .qbw extension.
- Rename the company file and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Furthermore, you can try to change the folder in which the company file is saved, as it can also happen because of a damaged folder. To fix this, create a new folder, move your company file to this newly created folder, and set the path of this folder in the QuickBooks Desktop application.
If the Error is a Result of Data Damage
Data damage can also be one reason for getting QuickBooks error 184. To repair the company file data damage, run QuickBooks File Doctor using QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- If you can’t find it online, go to the Help tab in QuickBooks and select QuickBooks Tool Hub from the drop-down.
- Run the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to begin the installation and follow the installation prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the Tool Hub is installed, a desktop icon will get created on the desktop.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to run it and go to the Company File Issues tab.
- From the options on the screen, select QuickBooks File Doctor and select Both File Damage and Network Connectivity option.
- If prompted, enter the admin account login credentials and click Next to begin the repair process.
- After fixing the issues with the company file, try to reaccess QuickBooks or run a report to see if this resolves the error 184.
If you find it difficult to follow the troubleshooting steps or in case the solution is not working for you then we will suggest you get in touch with one of our assistants and call Our toll-free Number +1- 855 738 2784. There are also some less known factors responsible for shooting QuickBooks Error C 184 in the Desktop application, and in order to rectify we might need to take a closer look at the error, so we use advanced screen sharing tools to connect and troubleshoot such issues on users end.