Error 6010, 100 indicates that an error has occurred while QuickBooks installation and there is a need to reinstall the application. There might be several reasons that can trigger this error, but the most common is firewall or antivirus program installed on your windows computer has interrupted QuickBooks access to the network or has deleted some of the QuickBooks files.
You can call Support Number for QuickBooks Desktop (844)-888-4666 for prompt assistance.
As there are, also other reasons that can provoke this error, it is crucial to know the affecting cause to rectify this error. Check out the causes and solutions of this error listed below in our article.
Why Error 6010, 100 occur in QuickBooks:
- If Network Device files (.ND) are detached from the QuickBooks and its log files (.TLG).
- In case Mcafee or any other antivirus programs like ESET NOD32 is installed on your system and is monitoring and preventing QuickBooks from accessing Network and system resources.
- If registry-optimizing application installed on Windows has deleted QuickBooks registry files from the computer.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error 6010, 100
Switch to Single-User mode:
- Exit QuickBooks application and Restart your computer.
- Press and hold down the CTRL key and click the QB icon to open the application. (Holding down the control key while opening QuickBooks application will run the application without opening the company file in it).
- Now under the File tab click Utilities and then select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Now for the confirmation, click Yes and proceed.
- Restart the application once.
Rename Network Device (.ND) file:
- Under QuickBooks directory on your computer search for network device file with .ND extension, which is having the same name as your company file.
- Rename the file and add (old) at the end of its name.
- Now Restart QuickBooks application.
Reinstall the QuickBooks application:
- Click the Start button on your Windows computer.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Click QuickBooks application and uninstall the app.
- Now Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and run it.
- Click I Accept and continue.
- Select the QuickBooks version that you want to install and click Continue.
- Click OK and install QuickBooks.
- Now Start the QuickBooks application.
Additionally, you can try disabling your antivirus or firewall program temporarily and if this resolves your issue then exclude QuickBooks application and its processes from such security software.
If you need professional’s help to perform this troubleshooting step, you can call QuickBooks Error Help Phone Number (844)-888-4666.