QuickBooks once installed onto the host server and workstations do not require validating the license every now and then. Yet, there have been cases reported when clients have to go in and re-validate license every week or so. QuickBooks Desktop has expired error seems to come up when QuickBooks is unable to connect to QBW32.exe file. Users at times encounter the issue with the following warning: “QuickBooks Desktop has expired to continue using QuickBooks Desktop, you must buy QuickBooks Desktop now”. The temporary fixes are available by entering the license and validating it. But, here we are going to provide you the permanent solution to the error.
Get help with Warning: QuickBooks Desktop has Expired by dialing Support Number +1- 855 738 2784. Experts will give you quick fix so that there isn’t a need to go after temporary fixes
Why Error Message QuickBooks Desktop has expired appears frequently?
A number of reasons have been observed that bubble up the error message QuickBooks Desktop has expired. Some of those reasons for frequent error occurrence are listed below:
- The QuickBooks Software is not registered completely and hence QuickBooks Desktop has expired message pops up.
- The 30-day trial period is over and you have not registered you QuickBooks.
- The company files are corrupt and damaged which leads to multiple errors and QuickBooks has expired is one of them.
- The license to register for your QuickBooks is invalid.
Step-by-Step Methods to Solve QuickBooks Desktop has Expired Warning
Configure the Firewall or Other Anti-virus Software Settings
- Click on Windows Start menu and in the text box type Windows firewall to search for it.
- Open Windows Firewall and choose Advanced Settings.
- On the Inbound Rules, right-click and select New Rule.
- Choose Port and then select Next.
- TCP must be selected.
- Into the Specific local Ports field, enter the ports as per the QuickBooks Year version.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX.
- QB Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382.
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377.
- Once you have entered the port number, click on Next.
- Choose Allow the Connection and press Next.
- All the profiles must be marked before you click on Next.
- Create a rule with the a name such as “QBPorts(year).”
- Once done, click Finish.
The above steps are to be repeated so as to create outbound rules.
Open QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks Desktop has expired warning is gone.
Remove the EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
- If QuickBooks desktop is open, close it.
- Look that no QuickBooks processes must be running.
- Use Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Choose the Processes tab.
- With the help of Processes Name header, sort the processes alphabetically.
- Search for the variations of QBW32.exe and select it to End Task.
Open the entitlement data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks with the steps below:
- Open the Run window by using Windows + R keys together.
- Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press Enter. (The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.)
- When you have found the file right-click on it and choose Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion process.
- Register the QuickBooks application again and see if error message QuickBooks Desktop has expired is gone.
Update QuickBooks Desktop and the Server Manager
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks.
- In the Select Country dropdown, choose your country.
- Similarly select, Product and Version then hit on Search.
- Get Updates and save the downloaded file at easily accessible location.
- Open the downloaded file from your saved location to install it.
- This will also update QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Reboot the server after the installation.
- After the server is updated, the workstations will display the following message: The Company file needs to be updated to work with this version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- There might be a prompt to create the backup, follow the steps as the database structure can be modified.
- Once the process is completed, open the file.
Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to Fix the QuickBooks Desktop has Expired Error
- Close QuickBooks and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file at an easily accessible location.
- Open the location where QuickBookstoolhub.exe file was downloaded.
- With the on-screen instructions, install the QuickBooks Tool Hub after agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- When QuickBooks Tool Hub has opened, click on the Company File Issues
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- QuickBooks file doctor may require a minute to open before it works on QuickBooks Desktop has expired issue.
- In QuickBooks File Doctor, select your company file from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see your file, select Browse and search to find your file.
- Choose Check your file (middle option only).
- Press Continue after that.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password and then select Next.
With the steps above on frequent warning of QuickBooks Desktop has expired, we aimed at permanent fix. If after a while error message QuickBooks Desktop has expired still pops up, contact us at +1- 855 738 2784 for better troubleshooting help and assistance.