QuickBooks Point of Sale installation as like the installation of other versions of QuickBooks Desktop encounters errors, some of which clearly states the reason of the failure and even suggests a solution whereas some errors like QuickBooks POS installation fatal error could frustrate a user. This happens as only a little information is displayed to the user once encountered the fatal error. There are few reasons responsible for triggering fatal error while installing QuickBooks POS and once the exact cause is known the error can be resolved easily. After profoundly analyzing the error, in this article, we have listed all the possible solutions along with the reasons so that you can easily figure out the cause. Follow the complete article for detailed information.
What Cause QuickBooks POS Installation Fatal Error
Installation of QuickBooks Desktop requires the application installer file and the QB setup file, and if there is found any issues with these two files then QuickBooks installation might show errors. Following are the two primary reasons that cause QuickBooks Point of Sale installation to display fatal error.
- QuickBooks POS installation file is corrupt or damaged.
- Windows installer is damaged or corrupt.
If you are also facing issues installing other applications on Windows, then it indicates that the fatal error is appearing because of corrupt or damaged Windows installer file and you will need to update the installer for a fix.
Solution to QuickBooks POS Installation Fatal Error
There are three different solutions that we are going to apply for a fix to the fatal error, i.e. updating POS using the latest installation file, repairing Windows installer file and as a third solution we will perform a clean installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale application.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale using External Patch
- Follow the link and download the latest patch to update QuickBooks POS.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key together and select Task Manager.
- Under the Process tab locate QBPOSShell.exe, QBPOSDBService.exe, and qbpos.exe processes.
- Right click each process and select End Task.
- Select Yes for the confirmation.
- Once all the process are ended press Windows + R and type services.msc in the Run window’s text box.
- Hit OK and scroll down in the services list to find QBPOS Database Manager service.
- Right click the service and select Stop.
- Now navigate to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\UPDATE and press Ctrl + A to select all the files in the folder. (If you find the folder is empty then make sure to display hidden files in Windows.)
- After selecting all the files press Delete and hit Yes.
- Try installing POS once again and if the problem persists follow the next troubleshooting step to get rid of QuickBooks installation fatal error.
Solution 2: Repair Windows Installer File
- Press Windows + R and type services.msc.
- Hit OK and find Windows Installer in the list of services.
- Right click the service and select Properties.
- Under the Startup Type drop down list choose Manual and press OK.
- Now right-click the service and from the left side panel select Start.
- Follow the Windows Installer Update link and download the latest installer file.
- Install the file from the downloads and restart Windows.
- Try installing QuickBooks POS once again and check if the Fatal Error is resolved.
Solution 3: Perform a clean Installation of QuickBooks POS
- Uninstall QuickBooks POS from the Add or Remove Programs under the Control Panel.
- Download the updated POS installation file from the link.
- Double-click the installation file from the downloads to begin the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Open QuickBooks POS after the installation.
Hopefully, the above mentioned solutions will help you get rid of QuickBooks Point of Sale installation fatal error and in case if the solutions didn’t help and you are still struggling to get rid of the error then get in touch with one of our QuickBooks POS expert’s at our QuickBooks POS Support Number 844-888-4666 for assistance.