If you are getting error OL-222 while importing .QBO file from your Financial Institution website then this article is for you. In this article, we have listed a detailed and step by step method that you can follow for a quick solution, along with the troubleshooting method, you will also find the reasons that trigger OL 222 error in QuickBooks on Mac and Windows computers. Follow the complete article for detailed information. If you have already encountered OL-222 error then you will notice an error message on the screen “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222)”
What Cause QuickBooks Online Banking Error OL 222
OL-222 error arises in the application when QuickBooks does not receive a proper response from user’s Financial Institution because of a parsing error received in the server response. This happens when there are unsupported characters found in the .QBO file. The characters in the .QBO file must be compliant with the OFX (Open Financial Exchange) that set the standards for exchanging banking data with QuickBooks. One more reason is badly formatted .QBO file that requires some fixes from the banking website. Follow the steps given below to fix error OL-222.
NOTE: You might also get an error message “WebConnect Branding – QuickBooks is unable to verify the Financial Institution information for this download. Please try again later.” when you try to import a WebConnect file that you have downloaded from Chase Online Banking. This error with Chase Bank Feed is an ongoing issue that’s been bothering many Chase bank users, following the troubleshooting method listed below will resolve the issue.
Steps to Troubleshoot Error OL-222
Make sure to update QuickBooks to the latest version before following the troubleshooting steps as it might automatically resolve the WebConnect Branding error.
Take a backup of your company file data on an external storage device to avoid data loss.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Rectify Issues with the Formatting of .QBO file
- Right-click the .QBO file and select Edit.
- Choose any text editor app to open the file.
- Find and remove & from the text as it is an invalid character.
- From the File tab click Save.
- Close the file and open it again in QuickBooks.
- If the problem persist, follow the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Download FIDIR.txt file once again
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Copy all the text from FIDIR.txt page.
- Create a new text file and paste the copied text in it.
- Save the file on your desktop and name it FIDIR.txt.
- Delete the old FIDIR.txt file.
- Hit the Option key on your keyboard.
- Under the Finder app click GO and then Library.
- Navigate to ApplicationSupport /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX/ Downloads.
- Delete FIDIR.txt file from the folder.
- Now go to the Applications from the Finder app.
- Press and hold the Control key and click QuickBooks.
- Under the contextual menu, click Show Package Contents.
- Double click the Contents folder in the new window.
- Double click the Resources folder, find and delete FIDIR.txt file from it.
- Now copy and paste the new FIDIR.txt file from the desktop into Downloads and Resources folder.
- Follow the same steps to import .QBO file in QuickBooks once again.
Online banking in QuickBooks sometimes also triggers error OL-233. You can read our article on QuickBooks 2019 Bank Feeds not working error for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
The Outcome of Troubleshooting -QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution Information Error
Following all the troubleshooting steps in the given order will certainly resolve QB unable to verify Financial Institution Error OL-222. In case due to some reasons if you are still getting Chase Bank Feed error in QBO Error OL 222 while importing QuickBooks Online file in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac or Windows then we suggest you get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666 for help. Sometimes some unknown reasons also cause these type of error, and we might need to take a closer look at the error to provide you the complete solution.
Related Search Terms:
QB unable to verify Financial Institution, Chase Bank Feed error in QBO, WebConnect Branding error, QBO file not importing in QuickBooks, Error importing Chase Credit card QBO file in QuickBooks, QB Pro 2016 QuickBooks is unable to verify, Chase Bank Feeds Web Connect import issues, Cannot import bank feeds from chase bank to QuickBooks, Issues with importing Chase bank transactions to QuickBooks, Chase Bank Feed No longer works, Cannot connect QBO bank feeds to Chase anymore With Chase bank getting an error OL-222, Quick books web connect is not working with Chase Bank, JPM Chase not connecting to QB Online, Error on trying to connect to chase, Online Banking Error OL-222, Error OL-222 with Chase Bank, OL-222 QuickBooks Online, OL-222 Wells Fargo, OL-222 does intuit support the files from the financial institute, QuickBooks desktop bank feeds not working Error OL-222, QuickBooks 2019 is unable to verify the financial institution information for this download, QuickBooks is unable to verify the financial institution wells Fargo, Chase QuickBooks Online WebConnect download problem