This error occurs when a user tries to updates their bank feeds in QuickBooks Desktop application. The error message “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request Error OL-233” pops up on the screen and prevents the user from updating their banking information with QuickBooks.
If you have also encountered this error, you can call QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for quick assistance.
Various reasons can give rise to this error in QuickBooks, and the most common is the internet connectivity issue. Further, in our article, we are going to discuss the causes of this error and their troubleshooting steps in details.
What Causes Error OL-233 in QuickBooks:
- You may encounter this error if your banking servers are down or not responding due to some reasons. In this case, QuickBooks cannot fetch data from your banking website.
- Internet connectivity issues on the user end can also cause this error. Check if your internet connection is working properly by visiting any safe website like google.com.
- Sometimes a damaged or corrupt company file triggers this error in QuickBooks. Use verify and Rebuild Data Utility tool to check and repair company data file or call QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666 for expert’s help.
- If you are manually updating bank feeds by downloading data from banking website and importing it to QuickBooks then make sure the QuickBooks application supports the file you are importing as importing unsupported formats to QuickBooks can also cause this error.
- An outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop application or Windows can also cause this error so be sure to use the latest and updated versions.
Following are the four troubleshooting steps that you can follow to rectify this error, make sure to follow the steps in the order as they are listed, as it will save your time and efforts.
- Enable Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 in Internet Explorer:
- If you are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer then first update it to the latest IE version 11.
- Now click the GearIcon at the top right corner of Internet Explorer.
- Click Internet Optionsand under the Advanced tab click Security.
- Click and check USE TLS 1.2option and uncheck USE TLS 1.0.
- Now click Apply and then click OK.
- Now close all the running applications and restart your computer.
- Set Up a New Company File for Testing Purpose:
- We are performing this test to check whether the issue is at the user’s end or with the bank.
- Open QuickBooks application.
- From under the Filemenu, click New Company and select Express Start.
- Now add your bank account information to this newly created company.
- Now to test the account, update the bank feeds in QuickBooks.If the test run is successful and you can download your bank feeds with this new test company file then follow the next troubleshooting step but if you are still getting the same error then it might be an issue with your bank, and we suggest you contact your bank for the resolution.
- Set up the Account While Pressing the Control Key:
- Make sure to take a back up of your original company file.
- Check if the Inactive Accountin QuickBooks has a Lightning Bolt
- Now deactivate this account for online services.
- Now press and hold down the Controlkey and set up the bank feed once again.
- Performing this step will most probably resolve your issue but if not then follow the next troubleshooting step.
- Deactivate your Online Banking Services:
- Under the Chart of Accountsin QuickBooks, checkmark the Include Inactive
- Now deactivate the bank feeds for every Inactive Accountyou see.
- Now restart the QuickBooks application and set up accounts for bank feeds.
If your problem is not resolved after following all these troubleshooting methods, then you must contact QuickBooks Enterprise Tech Support Phone Number (844)-888-4666 or call your bank as most of the times this error occurs in QuickBooks because of some technical issues your bank is facing.