QuickBooks subscription has lapsed a panic-inducing error message that users might encounter. Without an active subscription, QB users cannot operate the software properly. So, it is crucial to know what this error message entails and how to fix it. This troubleshooting guide will help you eliminate this issue by attacking the root triggers.
Subscription offers a temporary license to use QuickBooks desktop software. In rare instances, when QuickBooks can’t verify the subscription, it gives an error message “It seems that your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed.” Once you get the “QuickBooks subscription has lapsed” error message, you will no longer be able to use QuickBooks and install its updates. As suggested by the error message, updating credit card info and verifying the internet connection is not enough to resolve the error. You might need to perform additional troubleshooting to fix the subscription has lapsed error. Following the article, you will learn how to remove the “your QuickBooks subscription has expired” error message from QuickBooks.
Are you getting the QuickBooks subscription has lapsed error message? Is it causing panic and chaos at work? Contact Support at +1- 855 738 2784 for Help, and let the QuickBooks experts take over your situation
What is QuickBooks Subscription has Lapsed Error?
Whenever you run or install QuickBooks updates, it first verifies the validity of the subscription. For any reason, if QuickBooks fails to confirm the user subscription for the application, it displays an error message “Sorry, it looks like you need a Subscription to Start Using QuickBooks.” This error message won’t affect your data but might cause problems in effective app functioning. An expired subscription is not always the reason you can’t log into QuickBooks, and there also exist other causes that prompt the subscription lapsed warning message to display on the user’s screen.
If you’re wondering, “can I still use QuickBooks after subscription expires,” the answer is, you can still access the file even if you don’t restore the subscription. However, you won’t get security updates and online services like the following:
- Online Backup
- Online Banking
- Live Support
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Services
So, after you receive the QuickBooks subscription expired message, you will only be able to use the software for manual tracking and maintaining your company data.
Recommended To Read – Resolve QuickBooks Migration Failed Unexpectedly
Reasons that Triggers “QuickBooks Subscription has Lapsed” Error
Expired QuickBooks Desktop subscription is the primary reason that causes the subscription lapsed in QuickBooks desktop error message to display, down below we have listed all the other reasons that cause QuickBooks Subscription Error:
- Network connectivity issues are caused by a misconfigured internet browser or a problem with the router.
- Intuit has discontinued the QuickBooks desktop version you are using, leading to the QuickBooks desktop subscription has lapsed.
- Because of outdated credit card information, QuickBooks cannot renew your subscription.
- An outdated QuickBooks Desktop application can lead to a subscription has lapsed QuickBooks desktop.
- Sometimes, installation errors can also trigger issues verifying the subscription in QuickBooks.
- If the information related to the Product and License is damaged, users may notice the error message, “it seems your QuickBooks subscription has lapsed.”
Symptoms of QuickBooks Subscription Expired Message
When you receive the QuickBooks licenses discontinued message, the following problems might appear:
- You won’t be able to update QuickBooks Desktop or payroll.
- Users can’t download the latest tax tables.
- Using or accessing the QB Desktop account becomes troublesome.
- Opening or viewing the company data won’t be possible without reactivation the subscription, even though the company file will remain on the device.
- Journal entries might become inconsistent.
- QuickBooks missing pdf component or QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 might appear.
These symptoms of the QuickBooks desktop Pro subscription can be highly troublesome. So, effective troubleshooting becomes necessary to resolve this problem.
Steps to Verify QuickBooks Subscription
Here are the steps you need to take to fix the QuickBooks desktop Pro 2019 no subscription:
Solution 1: Update Credit Card Info in CAMPS
QuickBooks is a subscription-based service, and if you have saved your credit card in your QuickBooks account and activated auto-renewal, your QuickBooks subscription will automatically renew at the end of your current subscription. However, when you change your credit card or billing info and forget to update the new payment info in QuickBooks, the auto-renewal will fail, and you will get a “QuickBooks desktop Pro 2021 no subscription” error message.
- Open your web browser and visit http://camps.intuit.com/. CAMPS stands for Customer Account Management Portal.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks account and select the Product section.
- Open Product Details and select Billing Information.
- Click Edit next to the Payment Method. Enter the most recent billing information.
- Hit Save and Continue and now open QuickBooks to sync the license.
- Select Manage My License from under the Help tab.
- Click Sync License Data Online.
Solution 2: Delete QuickBooks EntitlementDataStore.ecml File
QuickBooks EntitlementDataStore.ecml file stores the product registration information, and if, due to corruption, the file got damaged, QuickBooks can’t read the file to verify your subscription to the product. So deleting the file will force QuickBooks to create a new file that can help you resolve the QuickBooks desktop Pro 2023 no subscription error.
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop application, right-click the Taskbar at the bottom, and select Task Manager.
- Right-click the QBW32.exe file under the Processes tab and select End Process Tree.
- Click Yes for the confirmation and then open Windows File Manager.
- Navigate to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v folder and delete Entitlement Data Store. ecml file.
- Finally, open QuickBooks once again and re-register the application without delay. Check if you still get the QuickBooks enterprise subscription error.
Read Also – How to Convert QuickBooks Desktop to Online
Solution 3: Install the Most Recent Updates of QuickBooks Desktop Software
Outdated QuickBooks is one of the most common reasons for getting errors in different QuickBooks functions, including the application’s ability to verify the subscription. Installing the latest updates of QuickBooks resolves general application issues and QuickBooks desktop no subscription error, making it faster and better.
- Open QuickBooks and click the Help tab from the menu bar.
- Click Update QuickBooks Desktop, and the application will then take you to the Update QuickBooks window.
- Go to the Update Now tab and make sure Essentials, New Features, Maintenance Releases, Help, and Accountant options are selected.
- Click Get Updates and once the updates are downloaded, restart QuickBooks.
- Now click Install Now on the Prompt that requires your permission to install the updates.
- Once the updates are installed, try to run QuickBooks and access the company file to check if the QuickBooks desktop Pro 2022 no subscription error is resolved.
Follow the next troubleshooting method if you continue facing issues while you renew QuickBooks subscription.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to Resolve Installation Errors
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is specifically designed to rectify installation errors that can sometimes cause difficulties for QuickBooks to verify your subscription. So, run the install diagnostic tool from the tool hub when you face QuickBooks desktop Pro 2020 no subscription.
- Download and install QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub.
- Run the tool using the desktop icon or search Tool Hub using Windows search.
- Go to the Installation Issues tab from the left pane and click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to run the tool and repair the general installation errors.
- Once the tool resolves installation errors, run QuickBooks Desktop and verify if this solution resolves the QuickBooks desktop 2021 no subscription error.
Solution 5: Check your Internet Connection Settings
The next troubleshooting solution to rectify the QuickBooks desktop subscription error is to verify the internet connection settings. The following solutions may help you when you face problems in updating the software:
Step 1: Adjust the System’s Time and Date Settings
You may face interference with the update process due to incorrect system date and time on the computer. Verify the system date and time on the computer as follows when you face QuickBooks 2021 desktop no subscription error:
- Right-click the system clock on the desktop. Choose the Adjust Date/ Time option.
- Choose the Change date and time option and specify the current date and time. You’ll need to tap OK twice after configuring these settings.
- Now, close and open QuickBooks Desktop again to see if you face QuickBooks desktop discontinued 2023.
- Try updating your QB Desktop again.
Step 2: Verify the Internet Connection Settings
Manage the source of your update and QuickBooks desktop 2022 subscription issues by checking your internet connection. Test the security of your connection by opening your browser and visiting any banking page. If you can access the website, launch QuickBooks Desktop and do the following:
- Go to the Help menu and opt for the Internet Connection Setup option.
- Next, manage the QuickBooks desktop 2023 subscription by choosing the option “Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the Internet.”
- Hit the Next option.
- Now, choose Advanced Connection Settings to fix the QuickBooks Pro no subscription error.
- Access the Advanced tab, followed by the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Hit OK, followed by Done.
- Now, attempt to update QuickBooks Desktop to resolve the QuickBooks Pro 2021 no subscription error.
While checking these settings, keep the following things in mind:
- If you use download accelerators, you’ll find interferences in the update download process. In such cases, disable these accelerators or contact the ISP team for the resolution to renew QuickBooks desktop subscription.
- When you utilize a dial-up connection, you need to verify that the minimum connection speed is 28.8 kilobits per second.
Step 3: Configure the personal firewall and security settings
Your update process might interfere with the QuickBooks desktop 2020 no subscription message because of misconfigured internet security and personal firewall software settings. You need to enable ports 80 and 443. Also, offer access to the following files:
It is unlikely, but if any other app is using all these ports, QuickBooks Desktop will use the fallback port 57619. Now, you can verify if the QuickBooks software no subscription error persists.
Step 4: Multiple QB Desktop versions installed
You may have multiple QuickBooks Desktop versions installed on your system, causing the QuickBooks Pro 2021 desktop no subscription error. In such cases, you need to ensure to update each version. Run the manual updates for each version of the same year.
Solution 6: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
You can rectify the QuickBooks desktop 2022 no subscription error by resetting the IE settings as follows:
- Launch Internet Explorer and hit the Tools menu.
- Choose Internet Options. If you can’t see the menu bar, you’ll need to press the Alt key on the keyboard.
- Now, move to the Advanced tab. Hit the Reset or Restore Defaults option.
- Choose Apply, followed by OK.
Solution 7: Disable the firewall and antivirus settings
Another solution you can apply when you face the QuickBooks Pro subscription error is disabling the firewall and antivirus applications.
The anti-virus software can be turned off as follows:
- Locate the third-party antivirus application icon on your system tray at the bottom-right of the desktop screen.
- Right-click the antivirus icon and hit the Disable option.
It’s crucial to have the required permissions before you make changes to your antivirus application. It’s possible that you might not be able to disable the antivirus app. Verify the manufacturer’s user guide or website to receive details on temporarily disabling or configuring the software.
After you disable the firewall and antivirus software, you need to install QB Desktop and update again.
You May Also Like To Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816
Solution 8: Form a New Windows Admin User
Another troubleshooting method for when you’re trying to cancel QuickBooks desktop subscription is creating a new Windows Admin user. Do so as follows:
- Go to the Start menu, followed by the Settings option.
- Next, choose the Accounts option. Succeed it by Family and other users.
- Select Add Account, found next to Add another user.
- Hit the I don’t have this person’s sign-in info option. On the following page, choose to Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Now, enter the username, password, and password hint, select security questions, and hit the Next option.
Now, make this local user account administrator answer does QuickBooks require a subscription?
- Go to Start > Settings > Account.
- Choose the account user name under Family & other users. Next, hit the Change Account Type option.
- Select Administrator under the account type, followed by OK.
- Now, sign in again with the new administrator account.
Solution 9: Reinstall QuickBooks in Selective Startup
- Ensure to create a backup of your company file.
- Also, keep the product and license information of your QB version handy.
- Switch to selective startup mode by launching the Run Window (Windows + R).
- Type msconfig and press Enter.
- Go to the General tab, switch to selective startup, and hit the Load system services.
- In the services tab, select Hide all Microsoft services.
- Hit the Disable all option.
- Uncheck Hide all Microsoft Services and choose Windows Installer.
- Hit OK and restart the system from the system configuration window.
- Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Now, switch to the normal mode by typing in msconfig in the Run window (Windows + R).
- Choose the Normal Startup option in the General tab.
- Hit OK and restart your device from the system configuration window.
To Sum up
If QuickBooks still can’t verify your subscription even after following all the suggested troubleshooting steps, then you might need to contact our error support team. Our Support Experts have years of experience resolving such subscription-related errors and can quickly help you get rid of QuickBooks Subscription has Lapsed error message. Call +1- 855 738 2784 to get in touch with the experts immediately.
What happens In case I cancel my QuickBooks desktop subscription?
When you cancel your QuickBooks desktop subscription, you won’t be able to access or use QuickBooks Desktop. The company file will remain on your device. However, you won’t be able to access or use your data file because of the unavailable subscription. An outright license or reactivation of the subscription will become necessary to run and view your data.
How to renew QuickBooks desktop subscription?
When your subscription expires, or you have canceled it, you can only access your files in the View-only mode for one year after the subscription ends. Editing is only possible after purchasing the subscription. The renewal process can be followed by calling the support.
Is QuickBooks desktop being discontinued in 2023?
Access to add-on services for QB Desktop for Windows 2020 will be discontinued after May 2023. It includes all the versions of QB Desktop Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions v20.
Related Posts –