At times, you might need to reset or remove the password from the QuickBooks company file. Due to the increasing number of cyber security threats, QuickBooks takes vigorous measures to protect user’s data, and QuickBooks Automated Password Recovery Tool is the only way to reset the QuickBooks password that is available to the users. You must follow some guidelines to ensure QuickBooks password recovery without a hitch. So if you are concerned about resetting your QuickBooks password then continue reading the complete article for a quick method to remove QuickBooks password.
Need Help Removing Password from QuickBooks 2019? Call Password Recovery Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 Now
Automated Password Recovery Tool for QuickBooks
In an effort to keep your QuickBooks data, safe and secure QuickBooks, require you to change your password after every 90-day. As most of the users have numerous different online accounts, this might create complexities remembering the right password for the company file. Intuit® has developed a Free QuickBooks Password Reset Tool that reset QuickBooks login password and guarantees the safety and security of your QuickBooks login credentials. If you don’t remember the password of your QuickBooks Company file, then Download QuickBooks Automated Password Recovery Tool from Intuit’s® website and follow the instructions to change QuickBooks password. (Link to the QuickBooks Password Recovery Tool is given further in the article).
Major Key Points to Remember Before Resetting QuickBooks Password
In order to download QuickBooks password recovery tool, you must first need to verify the ownership to the QuickBooks company file by filling up an online form. It is crucial to precisely fill the information in the password reset form to download the password recovery tool for changing QuickBooks Desktop password. Following is the information you will need to reset QuickBooks admin password:
- Complete name of the registered user
- Phone number linked to the QuickBooks account
- 15-digit QuickBooks license number
- Email address registered with the QuickBooks account
- The Zip code of the registered business location
If you are not quite certain about the information, then you can log in to your QuickBooks Account to verify the information.
Some Important Points to Consider while Creating your QuickBooks Password
- Make sure Num Lock is turned on.
- Caps Lock must be turned off.
- Try to type your password in a text file to ensure that your keyboard is functioning properly.
- You might be using an older version of QuickBooks where you can leave the password field blank so make sure this is not the case.
- Make sure you are using the login credentials for QuickBooks admin account.
Steps to Reset QuickBooks Company Password
Reset Password without Using QB Password Recovery Tool
- Open QuickBooks company file in QuickBooks Desktop, and when it prompts you to enter the password click, I Forgot My Password.
- Type the answers to your security questions and click OK.
- Once you get the Password Removed window click Close.
- Now QuickBooks will ask you to choose a new password and security questions.
- Fill the information and click OK.
- Now try to open the file using the new password.
QuickBooks Desktop Password Requirements:
- The password must be 8-16 characters long.
- You must choose at least one uppercase letter.
- The password must contain one numeric digit.
- At least one lower case letter is required.
- One special character must be included.
- No spaces are allowed.
- Your password must not contain your username.
NOTE: An updated version of QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t allow you to completely disable the password for the company file for security reasons.
Reset Password using QuickBooks Advanced Password Recovery Tool
- If you are using the Canadian version of QuickBooks, then visit QuickBooks Desktop Automated Password Reset Tool.
- QuickBooks users using the US version of QuickBooks Desktop visit Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Fill all the required information in the form and click Submit.
- After verifying the information, you will get the Service Agreement form.
- Carefully read the form and click Download.
- After the download completes, go to the downloads and double-click the QuickBooks auto data recovery application.
- Click the Browse button and select the company file that is locked.
- Click Next and log in to your email account that is linked with QuickBooks.
- You will find an email with a security code from Intuit®.
- Copy the code and paste it into the password reset window.
- Choose a new password for the company file and click Next.
- Wait for a few minutes until the tool resets QuickBooks password.
- Now open the company file and type the password that you have selected in the previous step.
- Type a new password for the company file and choose security questions.
- Click OK, and you can now open the company file using the new password.
Make sure to use the same version of QuickBooks Desktop application that you were using earlier to access the company file to avoid getting any errors while resetting the password and downloading the password reset tool. If you are still getting an error even after following all the steps carefully, then this indicates damage in QuickBooks Company file, and we suggest you follow our article Fix Damaged Company file or Network using QuickBooks File Doctor for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Hopefully, the article has answered all your doubts and queries regarding QuickBooks password recovery and still if you have any questions regarding the QuickBooks password reset then you can get in touch with us at our Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 for prompt assistance.