From tracking income and expenses to manage bills and accounts QuickBooks offers numerous vital features that a business requires for smooth operations. Intuit has also developed some additional tools that help QuickBooks users with various inaccuracies and errors that evolve while using QuickBooks. One such tool that deals with damaged or corrupt QuickBooks data is QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility. Often QuickBooks users deal with errors in the data that cause QuickBooks application to encounter different errors and using Verify and Rebuild data utility you can quickly resolve such errors. QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility automatically detect faults in the data and repair it with one click. Further, in this article, we will discuss the use of this tool along with the steps to rebuild damaged data.
What Errors can be Resolved Using QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
Following is the list of some common errors that can be rectified by the use of QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility:
- You can use QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild data utility if you find missing names or transactions in the list data.
- If all the accounts are not displayed in the balance sheet of your company data.
- Already deposited payments are appearing as payments to be deposited.
- Discrepancies are causing a negative balance to display in the invoice and bills report.
- Any fatal error that causes QuickBooks Desktop application to crash.
IMPORTANT: It is suggested to use QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility on a regular basis to avoid any errors and to keep you company file free of errors.
Steps to Use Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
Before rebuilding damaged or corrupt data make sure you verify the given points
- Make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest released version.
- Close every running application on Windows.
- If you are a user of QuickBooks Assisted Payroll, then get in touch with QuickBooks support at (844)-888-4666.
Follow the steps given below to run verify and rebuild data utility
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from under the File menu select Utilities and then click Verify Data.
- If no error message is displayed after verifying the data, then there is no need to run the rebuild tool as the company file is already free of errors.
- If an error message “Your data has lost integrity” appears then it means your data file is damaged and needs to be repaired.
- Now under the File menu select Utilities and click Rebuild Data.
- Click OK on the backup company file popup window.
- Choose a location on your computer to save the backup of your company file and click OK.
- Once the backup file is successfully saved on your desktop, the data rebuild process will start automatically.
- Once Rebuild has Completed message appears on the screen hit the OK.
- If no errors are detected after running the Verify data tool, then you can restore the backup of your company file by selecting Backup option from under the File menu.
Make sure to run the Verify Data Utility once again to ensure that your data is repaired and there are no errors left. In case the verify data utility again found some errors in the data and rebuild data tool is unable to resolve the errors then we need to figure out the error by reviewing the qbwin.log file located in the QuickBooks folder. You can get in touch with our QuickBooks Data Recovery team by calling QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for immediate help and assistance.