QuickBooks Desktop as like other windows applications requires additional Microsoft components for proper functioning. If Microsoft .Net Framework is damaged, outdated or missing from Windows then QuickBooks encounters error 1722 while installation and operations. Some other errors that appear in the same scenario are error 1603, 1903, and 1904. Today in this article, we will discuss QuickBooks error 1722, which is an installer error that appears while installing QuickBooks on computers running on Windows operating systems along with its causes and resolution so follow the complete article for detailed instructions.
Need Help of a QuickBooks Support Expert! Call Quickbooks Error Support.
What Causes QuickBooks Installer Error 1722
QuickBooks installation is interrupted by error 1722 only if the Microsoft .Net Framework is damaged/corrupt or outdated or other components of Windows are outdated like MSMXL and C++. Once a user encounter error 1722 error message “Error 1722: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as the part of the setup did not finished as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action NewCustomerAction1, location: C:\Users\John\~1.QUA\AppData\Local\Temp\FP_AX_MSI_Installer.exe, command:” appears on users screen. Updating Windows with the latest updates resolve any issues caused by outdated Windows components and you can easily get rid of QuickBooks installer errors like 1722, 1603, 1903, and 1904. Follow the step by step instructions given below to get a quick resolution.
Steps to Repair QuickBooks Desktop Error 1722
Step 1: Resolve Installation Errors using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Click the link and download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Download the file on your computer’s desktop.
- After the download completes, double-click the downloaded file from the desktop.
- QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool will scan and repair any installation errors automatically and it might take some time that depends on the performance of your computer.
- After QB Install Diagnostic Tool finishes repairing QuickBooks installation error, restart Windows and try installing QuickBooks once again.
Step 2: Install the Latest Microsoft Windows Updates
- Press Windows + R and type Control Panel in Run Windows’s text box.
- Press Enter and type Windows Update in the search bar at the top.
- Select Windows Update and then hit Check for Updates
- Once Windows find updates to be installed click Update Now.
- Restart Windows when prompted.
- Windows will now install all the latest updates available of Microsoft .NET Framework, C++, and MSMXL.
- After Windows finishes installing all the updates and you get the Desktop screen, try installing QuickBooks once again.
- You can also visit the Microsoft website for support if you are not feeling comfortable performing Windows update or contact us at (844)-888-4666.
IMPORTANT: If you are getting Error, 1603 after you get rid of error 1722, which is quite common, then follow our article on How to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 1603 for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
Step 3: Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework Manually
For detailed instructions on how to reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework follow step 1 from our article on QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error.
If you are still getting error 1722 while installing QuickBooks then we suggest you call QuickBooks Desktop Error Support Number (844)-888-4666 to get in touch with QuickBooks Error support team who deal with such error on regular basis and can provide you an instant solution of the error.