One of the most common errors QuickBooks POS users encounters while utilizing QB Point of Sale is Error 176109. This error usually occurs when a user tries to register or open POS. It displays an error message “Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number” on users computer screen. Several reasons can trigger this error in Point of Sale, and we need to investigate each of them to rectify the issue.
You can also call QuickBooks Point of Sale Support Phone Number (844)-888-4666 to contact us for help.
What Technical Issues Triggers Error 176109 in Point of Sale
- QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement Folder is corrupt or damaged.
- The product code used to install Point of Sale is not correct.
- The user does not have administrative rights on the computer.
- Before proceeding with troubleshooting, make sure to take a backup of your company data file.
- Check QuickBooks POS for updates, as you will need the latest version of Point of sale to resolve the issue.
- You need to delete the entitlement folder from windows that is a hidden folder so change the windows settings to show hidden files.
- Display Hidden Files in Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Click the Windows Start button and select My Computer.
- Under the Organize tab, select Folder and Search Option.
- Under the View tab, click Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Now unmark Hide Protected System Operating Files and click Yes.
- Click Apply and then Click OK
- Display Hidden Files in Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Open Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Select the File Extension under the View tab and click Hidden Items.
- Display Hidden Files in Windows 10:
- Click the Folder icon at the bottom of the screen in the System Tray.
- Click, Hidden Items under the View tab.
Troubleshooting Steps to Rectify Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number Error:
- Try deleting all the Items inside Entitlement Folder
- Navigate to C:\ Program Data \Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8 and press Control + A to select all the files inside the folder.
- Press the Delete Key and for confirmation click Yes.
- Now open the QuickBooks POS and try registering the application again.
- Try Renaming WS Activity File
- Navigate to C: \Program Data\ Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale\ Ini folder.
- Right click the WSActivity file and rename it to OLDWSActivity.
- Exit this window and delete the Entitlement folder once again.
- Now open QuickBooks POS.
- Try Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop POS
- Click Windows Start button and select Control Panel.
- Under Control Panel, select Uninstall a Program.
- Double click QuickBooks POS from the list and select Uninstall/Change.
- Click Uninstall, and wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- If you have, QB Setup file in a CD then insert it into your computer, click the Setup file to install QB POS or download it from Intuit’s website, and follow the on screen instructions for a fresh installation.
Hopefully, this troubleshooting method will help you resolve this error but if you need the help of an expert to perform this troubleshooting for you then don’t hesitate and call QuickBooks Point of Sale Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 now and get connected with a certified QuickBooks POS Technician.