Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks is a provision given to the business owners to send a part of their company data to the accountant or accounting firm they have hired. This allows only the required information to be shared with the CPA. Once the CPA/accountant has worked on the file, the accountant’s copy (.qba) is sent back and the changes are imported into the original company file. In certain cases there might arise a situation where the user might have lost the company file backup and the file’s data got corrupted, that is when you need to open accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. The accountant’s copy or accountant transfer file (.qba or .qbx) is to be converted to a working QuickBooks data file (.qbw) before you can work with it. That is what we are going to discuss in this article so follow the complete article for detailed instructions.
If you want additional help related to how to open accountant’s copy in QuickBooks talk to the support team at +1- 855 738 2784
How to Convert an Accountant’s Copy to a Regular Company File
The steps below will help you convert an accountant’s copy to a regular company file in QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant and Enterprise Accountant help you to change QuickBooks Accountant’s copy file so you can work on with the transactions without any restrictions.
- Open your accountant’s copy which has (.QBX or .QBA) extension.
- Click on the File menu and choose Send Company File.
- Once that is done, you need to select the Accountant’s Copy.
- Select Convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW.
- Give the confirmation to convert the file by clicking OK.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the .QBW file and rename the file.
- Hit Save and when the conversion is completed click OK.
What to do after Converting Accountants Copy to Company File?
- Once you are done with the process to convert the accountant’s copy to a regular company file, you can no longer import the accountant’s changes (.QBY) to the company file.
- Any changes that were made to the original company file after the accountant’s copy was created, have to be re-entered.
How to Convert QuickBooks Accountant Transfer file to Company File?
Note: If you are going to receive the accountant’s copy of the company file from the client, make sure to ask the client to send the file using the Accountants File Transfer Service, as it is the fastest way to receive and convert the accountant file to a regular QuickBooks company file.
Here is your guide to Convert QuickBooks accountant transfer file to Company File with the following steps.
- Open QuickBooks and click on the File tab.
- Choose the Accountant’s Copy from there and select Open & Convert Transfer File.
- Once you have read the overview of the Accountant’s Copy, click Next.
- Search for the location of the Accountant transfer file QBX file and click OK.
- If needed enter the file password and hit OK.
- Go through the file information before you click OK.
- Select the location to save the file and if required rename the file and click Save.
- Click on OK if you need to upgrade the accountant’s file to sync with your version of QuickBooks.
- Finally, after you have reviewed the information click on OK.
How to Import Accountant Changes in QuickBooks?
The steps given below will aid you to restore the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks. Once you follow these steps you can successfully import accountant changes in QuickBooks.
- First you need to backup your company file and in case you are using QuickBooks Enterprise, turn off any advanced Inventory features. These features are to be turned off once the changes are imported.
- Go to File menu and choose Send Company File.
- Click Accountant’s Copy and then move to Client Activities.
- Select Import Accountant Changes from File and search the computer for .qby extension.
- This will automatically import the accountant changes to the company file.
We hope, you can now open the accountant’s copy in QuickBooks and make use of it in case of an emergency or if you are unable to find the answer about how to change QuickBooks Accountant’s copy file, dial +1- 855 738 2784 for quick assistance.