If you are facing issues while creating, opening, or working on your company file in QuickBooks, then you might have encountered QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006. Once you encounter this error, you will notice frequent crashes of Windows and QuickBooks applications, and an error message will pop up on the screen “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006)”. After you click Start, the application crashes again with the same error message displayed on the screen. Follow the complete article for some possible solutions for this error.
Are you looking for an instant solution for error 6150, 1006? Call our Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for help.
What causes Error -6150, -1006 in QuickBooks?
For any reason, if QuickBooks cannot access or read the company file, it shows users the error codes -6150 -1006. Down below, we have listed all the reasons that can make company file inaccessible or unreadable for QuickBooks:
- The company file that you are trying to access is corrupt or damaged.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software on Windows.
- The company file has a different extension than (.QBW).
- The company file is not accessible to QuickBooks if it has been accidentally deleted by the user or any security application.
- Windows operating system files or company file is infected with a virus or malware.
(NOTE): Most of the time, this error is caused by the CryptoWall virus that can also infect Windows system files. To check if your system is infected, open your company file folder, and if you see any file with the name of DECRYPT _ INSTRUCTIONS inside the folder, it means that your system is infected with this virus. This is a critical situation, and we strongly suggest you call Helpline Number 1.855.738.2784 for urgent support on error -1650, -1006.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 6150 – 1006
Troubleshooting Step 1: Repair Company File Errors using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks File Doctor is the first preference of users dealing with company file issues. File Doctor automatically identifies the root cause of the error in the company file and resolves it in a couple of minutes.
- You will require QuickBooks Tool Hub to launch QuickBooks File Doctor, so install it straight away.
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Company File Issues tab, from where you can access the QB File Doctor tool.
- Browse and select your company file in File Doctor, select Check File Damage Only, and click Diagnose File.
- Once the file is repaired by QB File Doctor, check if you can access it in QuickBooks.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Restore the backup of your company file
QuickBooks backup file comes in handy when you encounter an error or issue because of corruption in the company data. You can quickly restore the backup file that will restore your data back to a point where there were no errors in it.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application, and from the File tab, click Open or Restore Company File.
- Now click Restore a Backup Copy and then hit Next.
- Checkmark the Local Backup check-box and hit Next.
- Now locate and select the backup of your Company file.
- Hit Open and then select Next.
- Now click Save in the drop-down list and select the location to save the backup company file.
- Now in the File Name field, type the name of the file and click Save.
- On the Confirm Save as Window, click Yes.
- Under the Delete Entire File window, type Yes for the confirmation.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Use QuickBooks Auto Data-Recovery to remove QuickBooks Error Codes 6150
QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery is an advanced technique used when a simple restore does not help resolve the issue or if you do not have a backup file to restore your data to a previous state.
- On your Desktop, create a new folder with the name of QB Test.
- Now locate and find .tlg files in your company file folder.
- Copy the .tlg file from the company file folder and paste it into the QB Test folder.
- Now open the QB Auto Data Recovery folder that you will find inside the company data folder.
- Copy .QBW.adr file from the QB Auto Data Recovery folder and paste it into the QB Test folder.
- In the QB Test folder, right-click the .QBW.adr file and select Rename.
- Remove .adr from the end of the file name and open the QuickBooks application.
- Now open the company file from the QB Test folder.
- From the File tab, click Utilities and select Verify Data to check if this step resolves the error.
- If your issue is resolved, replace the company file in the QuickBooks data folder with the company file located inside the QB Test folder.
- For more detailed instructions, follow our article on QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Scan your computer using Antivirus
We suggest installing an antivirus application on Windows and scanning your system for any viruses for this troubleshooting step. For help, you can also connect with one of our technical experts at our Number 1.855.738.2784.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool
To rectify Error 6150 -1006, you can also try reinstalling the QuickBooks Desktop application if none of the troubleshooting helps.
- Hit the Start button on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a Program.
- Now select the QuickBooks application and click Uninstall/Change the app.
- Select Uninstall and follow the instructions for deleting the app.
- Now Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Click I Accept and continue.
- Select the correct QuickBooks version and click Continue.
- Click OK and install QuickBooks.
- Now open the QuickBooks Desktop app.
Some users might still face QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006 in the application even after following all the troubleshooting steps, and for the complete resolution, we might need to take a closer look at the error. You can call Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 to connect with one of our QuickBooks Desktop experts, who will rectify the error for you by utilizing advanced troubleshooting tools.