Despite the efficient functioning of the QuickBooks application, users may sometimes encounter QuickBooks something’s not quite right errors. This error can arise anytime users attempt to conduct banking operations, create expense transactions, etc. When you troubleshoot this error, it may lead you to alter your account type. Further, there may be restrictions and limitations in doing so. Let’s discuss everything about this error in this guide to help you fix the issue effectively.
If you are facing such an issue, in which you are struggling to get rid of something’s not quite right select an account for this transaction error while changing account types, you must first learn about the limitations and restrictions to do so. Here in this article, we will discuss the types of errors a user can face while changing the account types in QuickBooks Desktop and troubleshooting tips to fix them. There are multiple variations of this type of error. Usually, the something’s not quite right QuickBooks online error message is followed by a specific message depending upon the account type change user performs.
Is QuickBooks something’s not right error message flashing on your screen and interrupting your work? You can call Our Technical Helpline Number 1.855.738.2784 Anytime to Seek professional assistance and resolution for the problem
What is QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right Error?
Users may face something’s not quite right you must select an account for this transaction error message when the account type you choose does not match the transaction or is not suitable for your transaction. Therefore, users need to change their account type to rectify the error. The error emerges in various instances, including saving, editing, or even voiding an invoice. It also appears while adjusting a payment or changing your bank account types.
The error message accompanying this error in Windows/ Mac may be as follows, “something’s not quite right unexpected token ‘<.’” You may need to check if the problem exists with the browser. To do so, open a private or incognito window in your browser. Log in to QuickBooks and use the following shortcuts to open the incognito window in different browsers:
- In Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, use Ctrl + Shift + P
- In Google Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N
- For Safari, hold Control + Option + P
Recommended To Read – Uses of QuickBooks Tool Hub
When do users face QuickBooks Something’s Not Quite Right Error?
The various instances when users can face an error message that reads “you must select an account for this transaction, QuickBooks” are given below:
- Attempting to save, edit or void an invoice can attract this error.
- Adjusting a payment may also encounter this issue.
- The QuickBooks workforce something’s not quite right error message may emerge when the login session times out. Instead of letting you log in again, the error appears on the screen.
- Modifying account types can also lead to this problem.
- Saved internet files like caches and cookies can lead to this problem.
Thus, users may need adequate troubleshooting to continue using QuickBooks seamlessly without the “QuickBooks purchase order you must select an account for this transaction” error message.
Restrictions in changing Account Types
There are generally four conditions in which changing an account type is not possible when you face QuickBooks online something’s not quite right error:
Making Changes to an Automatically Created Account:
If an account has been created automatically by the application then it’s type cannot be changed as these are the types of accounts those serve their different purpose like Inventory Asset, Opening Balance Equity, Payroll expense, Purchase orders or Retained earnings. So make sure you are trying to change an account type created manually by the user or create a new account to make any changes to it. Follow the steps properly to fix something’s not quite right an unexpected failure occurred error message.
Read Also – How to fix QuickBooks Error 1603
If Parent Account is Holding Sub-accounts:
The type of the parent account and its sub-accounts should always be the same. If you try changing the type of a sub-account to something different from its parent account type, you will get the error message, as this is not allowed in the application. So, if you want to change the kind of a sub-account due to workforce intuit something’s not quite right message, you first need to remove that sub-account from its parent directory. After making the required changes to the type of sub-account, remember that it cannot be moved back to the same parent account, as their types will not match.
Changing type of (A/R) Account Receivable or (A/P) Account Payable accounts
(A/R) Account Receivable and Account Payable (A/P) are two special accounts where users cannot change their types in any condition as they are meant to serve a particular purpose in the application. Users cannot change an already present account type to (A/R) or (A/P). The only solution to get QuickBooks you must select an account for this transaction resolved is to create a new account. For advanced support on setting up such individual accounts, call us anytime.
You May Also Like To Read – What is QuickBooks Error 1625
If Transactions are done by the account using un-deposited funds account type or cash
Account type cannot be changed if the account has been operated for transactions like payments, check, and deposit that needs un-deposited funds or cash. To change the account type, for the error cannot read properties of null (reading ‘getmonth’), you need to select and alter such transactions in the account to use a different cash account. Account quick reports can be used to locate such transactions within an account.
Troubleshooting Ways for Something not Right Error Message
Here are the troubleshooting solutions you can use to rectify you must select an account for this transaction.
Ensure to use the most recent version of QB Desktop. Check for them in the Help menu in the QB app, followed by Update QB Desktop. Tap Check for Updates and install if any are available.
Solution 1: Erase your Browser’s Caches and Cookies
While using a browser to access QuickBooks Online, you may see the change account type in QuickBooks online error. Clear the cache and cookies stored in the Internet Files and built over time as follows:
- Open your internet browser- be it Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
- Click the three dots in a vertical line on the right side of the screen. It would be directly below the X button.
- Go to Settings and click the Clear Browsing Data option. You’ll find it under the Privacy and Security Section.
- Set the time range to all times and tick the box against cache images, files, cookies, and other site data.
- End by tapping the Clear Browsing Data option.
The steps to take for the Safari browser are as follows:
- Launch Safari and click Safari in the menu bar.
- Next, tap the Reset Safari option.
- Tick mark the Remove all Website Data option.
- Hit Reset to end the process.
Solution 2: Go Incognito in different browsers
The incognito window allows for private browsing in Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc. You can learn how to change account type in QuickBooks desktop by moving to incognito mode. Google Chrome won’t remember your activity in this mode. So switch as follows:
- Begin by opening Google Chrome on your computer.
- Tap More at the top-right corner and choose the New Incognito tab.
- A new window with the incognito icon will emerge.
- You can also use keyboard shortcuts as follows:
– Ctrl + Shift + N for Windows / Linux/ Chrome OS
– Ctrl + Shift + N for Safari
Shortcuts for other browsers are as follows:
- Ctrl + Shift + P for Firefox and Internet Explorer
- Control + Option + P for Safari
Solution 3: Reset QB App Data
Another way to fix the QuickBooks Something’s Not Right. We’re Unable to Complete your Request error is by resetting the application data without causing any loss. You can do so through the following steps:
- Tap the Windows icon on the keyboard to look for Settings.
- Choose System, followed by the Apps and Features option from the system’s settings window.
- The app settings section will open on the right. Move to the Advanced options to reset the data.
- Tap the Reset option to reset the app’s data.
How to change the account type in QuickBooks online?
Here’s how to change account type in QuickBooks online. When you create an expense transaction in QuickBooks, you need to choose a bank account. The account from where the payment aims to come should be the intended bank or credit card account.
So, you can see the account details of the payment account you’ve chosen as follows:
- Tap the Chart of Accounts tab from the Accounting menu.
- Look for the account you wish to use to create your transaction.
- Tap the drop-down arrow from the Actions column.
- Choose Edit.
Once you are enabled to update or accomplish the QuickBooks change account type mission, you can re-try to form a transaction. However, you’ll need to develop a journal entry transaction if you select to use Other Asset Accounts. Do so as follows:
- Move to the Gear icon.
- Choose Journal Entry.
- Enter the details in the fields to create your journal entry.
- Tap Save and Close.
Further, you should do the following when you receive the error stating you must select an account type for your transaction while managing your purchase orders. Usually, the purchase order transactions get saved with the vendor details only. However, if the error persists, you can check your browser, clear your cache, and see if the error remains. You can switch your browsers to rectify the problem.
Purchase orders in QuickBooks Online do not generally affect any accounts. They only assist in tracking your order. Now, if you are using the Category Details section, you’ll have to choose an account. It will help you save the purchase order without errors. Further, you can use another product or item to save your purchase order successfully. You can do so through the following steps:
- Tap the Plus icon in QB Online and choose the Purchase Orders option.
- Go to the vendor drop-down and choose the vendor for whom you wish to create the purchase order. You can add a new vendor through the Add new option also.
- Fill in the blank fields with the necessary details and select other products or items to order.
- Click Save and Close.
Hopefully, these steps will help you fix QuickBooks something’s not quite right error. You can modify the account type seamlessly without any interruptions.
After an in-depth research our team has found these above mentioned reasons for getting this type of error and now as you know how get QuickBooks something’s not quite right error fixed give it a try and don’t worry if you do not succeed as we are always here for help just pick up your phone and call Accounting Help Phone Number 1.855.738.2784.
While resolving the QuickBooks something’s not quite right error, you may need to add a category to your purchase order. For this, a default category for the supplier/ vendor should be set up. The steps to do this crucial thing are as follows:
1. Move to the Vendors section in the Expenses menu in QuickBooks.
2. Select the vendor in question and tap the Edit button.
3. Scroll down and move to the Accounting section to select the default account.
4. Tap Save.
You can cancel your purchase order and create a new one to add the necessary details later.
Suppose you are unable to eliminate the Something’s not quite right error even after trying all the solutions in the guide. In that case, you can do so by using QuickBooks Tool Hub or by uninstalling the application to reinstall. QB Tool Hub will provide various tools and features to help you rectify your issue. Similarly, reinstallation will be the last resort to fix any QB errors.