Most businesses choose QuickBooks as their primary accounting solution because of its helpful features and timely updates. It has made a name for itself in the industry owing to its unparalleled innovation and easy-to-use interface. Its installation and setup are pretty easy too. However, sometimes users face an unprecedented issue while installing or updating the application stating QuickBooks error 1625. The error message states that the installation is forbidden by the system’s policy when installing or updating QuickBooks. You can read more on this error in the blog below.
The QuickBooks error 1625 is one of the issues that require you to maneuver your way through the QB application and the Microsoft applications. To get assistance from an expert, dial the toll-free number +1- 855 738 2784 anytime
What is QuickBooks Error 1625?
To keep your application up and running at all times, you must regularly download the most recent updates from the official and trusted website. However, what if you encounter an error amidst all of this? QuickBooks Error 1625 is one such technical hiccup that users face when installing the latest updates. This is validated by a corresponding warning that flashes along with the error, saying, “This installation is forbidden by system policy that occurs when installing or updating QuickBooks.” While a bug in the Windows Installer is the most provocative reason behind it, a minor security misconfiguration might also set off the same.
Prominent Factors that Influence QuickBooks Error 1625
To better understand how to get rid of the 1625 Error, we must look at some reasons that are responsible for bringing this error into the picture in the first place –
- If the device is missing the Windows Installer file, or if it is a corrupted file, this error may come up.
- Operating QuickBooks or Windows as a regular user instead of as an Admin.
- If your computer system shutdowns while you refresh the information saved on it.
- Unintentional deletion of essential QB components and support files.
- The sudden virus invasion on your device or downloading a malicious program.
- The installation framework of your device has corruption.
What are the Solutions to try to fix the QuickBooks Update Error 1625?
There are many ways to resolve the QuickBooks error 1625. Below given are the proven ones.
Solution- 1: Turn off the Non-admin Prohibition
Some computer systems are configured to ask for admin priviliges while performing an installation on them. To change the settings and go on with the installation without the QuickBooks error code 1625, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
- Type gpedit.msc in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Go to Local Group Policy Editor window and select Local Computer Policy.
- Visit the Computer Configuration tab and choose Windows Settings.
- Choose the Administrative Templates option and double-click on Windows Components.
- Choose Windows Installer and navigate to Applying vendor-signed updates.
- Look for Prohibit non-administrators option and double-click on it.
- Turn the slider to the Disabled option and select OK.
- Restart your computer and try to install or update the QuickBooks again.
Solution- 2: Turn off the UAC Settings
The prompts of error 1625 while updating QuickBooks can be dismantled manually by changing the UAC settings through the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Key to open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel and go to User Accounts.
- Choose the User Accounts again and click on Change User Account Control Settings.
- Click on the Continue button if the UAC window asks for confirmation.
- Turn the slider down to the Never Notify option and click on the OK button.
- Restart the system and try to install the updates again.
Solution- 3: Make Changes to the Computer’s Software Restriction Policy
The software restriction policy is responsible for identifying programs and running them on a domain. The same policy can be behind the problem, and the user should upend it to allow QuickBooks to install the updates by following the steps mentioned below.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and click on System and Security tab.
- Go to Administrative Tools and choose the Local Security Settings option.
- Select Software Restriction Policies, and if there are no restrictions, look for the Software Restriction Policy Node and right-click on it.
- Click on New Software Restriction Policy and double-click on the Enforcement.
- Under the Enforcement Properties window, click on All users except local administrators option.
- Select OK and restart your system.
Solution- 4: Update the Windows Drivers
The Windows drivers can work fine one day, and the other day, they might go obsolete after updating your Windows and not the drivers. If that’s the case, go to the Windows Update section in the Settings and look for any additional updates to refresh the drivers.
In the end, while we finish our blog on the QuickBooks error 1625, we hope that the content can be easily understood by the readers and help them to resolve the problem. However, if that doesn’t happen, feel free to contact us at our helpline number +1- 855 738 2784 to get external help from the experts.