It is common for QuickBooks users to experience issues while sending invoices and statements to their customers. Often when a user sends an invoice or statement through QuickBooks via an email service provider like outlook or yahoo user gets an error message “QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to outlook.” If this is also what you are experiencing, we have curated a complete set of instructions that you can follow to identify the causes and troubleshoot the issue in no time. Follow the complete article for detailed instructions on troubleshooting QuickBooks unable to send invoices error.
Are you Unable to Send Invoices from QuickBooks because of Errors? Call Our Technical Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Help and Support
Reasons for Getting Unable to Send Invoice Error in QuickBooks
- You are not using the correct email preferences.
- The QuickBooks application is not correctly installed.
- Blocked domain admin.
- Incorrect security settings from your email service provider.
First of all, make sure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks application. If not, then first update the application and proceed with further steps. Sometimes just updating the application works as QuickBooks latest updates provide you with maintenance releases, updated features to fix emailing concerns.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error Sending Invoices from QuickBooks
Change Email Preferences in QuickBooks
- From the menu bar at the top, click “Edit.”
- Select “Preferences.”
- From the panel on the left side, click “My Preferences.”
- Now you need to click “Edit.”
- Then select “Default.”
- Now make sure that your email provider server name matches “Server
- Name” field in the application.
- Change server name (smtp.mail.outlook.com) for outlook to (intuit.smtp.mail.outlook.com).
- Also, ensure that the Use Enhanced Security option is selected.
Make sure you use the correct password for your webmail, or you will get an error that you are using an incorrect password.
Now to check whether the error is fixed or not, you can run a test
- Under the “File” menu, select “Close Company.”
- Click “Open a Sample File” in the “No Company Open” window.
- Choose the sample company file that you want to open.
- Setup your email service provider settings in QuickBooks desktop and send the email once again.
NOTE: One less common reason to face issues while sending invoices is having an outdated QuickBooks Desktop program. So we suggest you download and install the most recent updates of QuickBooks before retrying to send invoices.
Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Issues using the Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is considered one of the best tools to repair the damage in the QuickBooks installation. Follow the instructions below to run the QB Install Diagnostic Tool to fix QuickBooks installation errors.
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub as you can only access Install Diagnostic Tool from it.
- Launch QuickBooks Tool Hub using the shortcut icon on your desktop screen and move to the Installation Issues tab.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait till it repairs every QB program installation issue.
- Once the QuickBooks Desktop is repaired, retry to send invoices and check if the error is resolved.
Hopefully, this will sort out the issue, and you will be able to send invoices to your customers once again. However, don’t worry if this troubleshooting does not help you resolve the QuickBooks unable to send invoices error. You can always contact support at +1- 855 738 2784 as we are always ready to help you out in such situations.