QuickBooks Error 108 can creep in and hamper the user’s productive work routine. If you’re suffering from this issue and require practical solutions to fix the issue, study this blog till the end. Here, you will find easy-to-understand and detailed insights into the error.
There are numerous types of Errors that one can face while managing their bank account in QuickBooks Online, some Errors evolve from within the application due to technical glitches whereas, some Errors arise because of some faults at the banking end. Today we are going to discuss Error 108 in QuickBooks that is triggered from the online banking and affects the process of downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks. If the proper solution is not applied the Error can stay for months and you won’t be able to sync QuickBooks with your financial institutions. For more info and detailed troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article until the end.
Getting error 108 QuickBooks and not knowing what to do? Contact the support number +1- 855 738 2784 for professional assistance and find your way out of this issue.
What is QuickBooks Bank Error Code 108?
QuickBooks bank error code 108 emerges due to a fault on the bank’s side as it doesn’t acknowledge your credentials. The credit card or bank’s website sends you a message to respond to, regarding:
- Their new service terms.
- Special offers.
- Site changes or announcements about maintenance.
The error 108 QuickBooks generally relates to technical issues like connection problems with QuickBooks and issues with installation. Let’s dive into the reasons and resolutions for the banking error 108.
What Cause QuickBooks Error 108
Following are some of the reasons responsible for triggering the QuickBooks 108 error:
Unread Notifications from the Bank
There are unread notifications from your bank under your online banking account regarding some important changes they have made to their website or terms of services. These notifications can also be about some new offers or changes to the policy on how QuickBooks connects and access information from your banking website. It can prompt banking error 108 to emerge.
Installed Pop-up Blockers
One more reason is a popup blocker that you have installed on your browser. If you don’t find any popup blocker installed on your browser then check out your antivirus as some antivirus programs come with inbuilt popup blockers.
Credential Problems/ Verification Issues
Your bank requires you to verify your identity for security reasons and you need to log in to your online banking using QuickBooks. Entering an invalid username and password can trigger QuickBooks Error Code 108.
Read Also – Simple Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 176
Bank Server Issues
If the user is unable to connect with bank servers smoothly, or if they are faulty, it will lead to QuickBooks error 108 in online banking.
Error 108 also emerges when the user has more than one QuickBooks application installed on the system.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 108
Now that it’s clear why you keep getting error code 108 and what it entails, let’s examine solutions to fix the issue effectively:
Check Out Notifications from your Financial Institution
- Sign in to your online banking account from a browser.
- Check out any notifications from the bank that require immediate actions.
- Clear the notifications that don’t require any action.
- Sign out from the online banking account and open QuickBooks Online.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account and click Banking from the left side panel.
- Now click Update from the Banking tab.
- In case the Error persists and you are still getting the Error code 108 QuickBooks then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Disable Popup Blocker
- Open the settings of the browser that you use to open your QuickBooks Online account.
- Search for the installed Extensions.
- If you find any Popup blocker installed then select the option to disable it.
- Now open the settings of your antivirus program and locate any popup blocker feature.
- If found disable it and try downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Update your Banking Info in QuickBooks Online
This step is suggested if you have recently made any changes to your online banking login credentials. If you have changed the ID or Password of your online banking then you will need to update this information in QuickBooks Online so that it can successfully connect with your bank account to fetch your account information.
- Open the bank accounts in QuickBooks Online from the Banking
- Click the Pencil icon beside the account name.
- Click Edit Sign-in Info and enter the new id and the password of your online banking.
Recommended To Read – How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Operate the System File Checker Tool
Use the SFC tool to scan and resolve QuickBooks Banking error 108 as follows:
- Begin with typing cmd in the Start menu or Run Window’s (Windows + R) search bar.
- However, do not press enter yet. Instead, hold Ctrl + Shift and then the Enter key.
- You will receive a permission dialog box on which you need to click Yes.
- Further, a black window with a blinking cursor will pop up where you need to enter SFC/scannow.
- It will prompt the System File Checker to commence scanning. End this operation by completing the on-screen instructions.
Manage Windows Updates
Updating Windows can also eliminate glitches like QuickBooks Desktop Error 108. Follow these steps:
- Tap the Start button and search for Updates by typing the word Update in the search bar.
- You may see a Windows Update dialog box on the screen.
- Here, view if any updates are available and click the Install Updates option if required.
Verify the Firewall Settings
Firewall settings can interfere with seamless QuickBooks functioning. Therefore, rectify it as follows:
- Log in to your device as an administrator and ensure you have the latest QuickBooks version.
- Now, check the firewall settings and ensure they don’t block access to the company file.
- Moreover, users must also check the internet settings.
Enter your attached Bank Account
In this solution, you need to log into your bank account to resolve error 108. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Go to the bank website, enter your credentials, and open your bank account.
- Here, look in the downloaded transactions for the ‘KB Details.’
- Hit the Ctrl key to enable and disable the pop-up blocker.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting method will help you resolve QuickBooks Error 108 and if you don’t feel comfortable following the solution or need the help of an expert to fix the Error, you can call our Online Support Number +1- 855 738 2784.
Describe the signs to identify QuickBooks Banking Error 108
You may notice the following issues when affected by error 108 QuickBooks:
- 108 error message may display on the screen.
- Difficulty in operating QuickBooks.
- Active QB window crashes.
- Slow response from the PC.
How to check Firewall Settings to Fix QB error 108?
Undertake the following actions to alter the Firewall settings and resolve Error 108 QuickBooks:
- Login to the system as an Admin.
- Launch the latest and up-to-date QB version.
- Go to the firewall settings to ensure it doesn’t block access to the QB company file.
- Moreover, verify your internet security settings.
Why am I Getting QuickBooks error code 108?
You may get QB error code 108 due to the bank generating any message where a user action is required. Using an invalid username or password can also prompt the issue. Not being able to connect with the bank’s server smoothly is also a leading reason for error 108.
Related Posts –