As stated by Intuit®, QuickBooks Error 101 falls under the category of scripting errors that evolves when Windows fails to execute the command that is required to run web-based applications. Running QuickBooks Online requires the proper functioning of Windows applications like ActiveX, Java, .Net Framework, and Flash player. Faults in such Windows components not only affect QuickBooks Online but also negatively impact QuickBooks Desktop and Online Service Center. The most common problem that you might experience after getting QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 is the error connecting your bank account with QuickBooks Online. If you are unable to link your bank account with QuickBooks Online, then follow the complete article for a detailed troubleshooting method.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 101?
While connecting to QuickBooks Online banking, you might experience error 101. It is a scripting error that indicates damage in the crucial Windows components like ActiveX, .NET Framework, Java, and Flash Player for functioning. The error emerges because Windows fail to execute the command necessary to run the web-based applications. The error message accompanying this code says, “We are fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible. Try connecting again in a bit.”
Another QuickBooks 101 message may say, “Looks like the connection to this bank- Business Online Banking is currently unavailable. Try again in a few hours (101).” This message indicates a problem with the bank’s server, and there isn’t much you can do to fix it except wait. The error interrupts your work, so you need good troubleshooting to resolve the problem as seamlessly as possible.
Recommended To Read – How to fix QuickBooks Error 185
What Triggers QuickBooks Online Error Code 101
Including faults in Windows configuration, there are various other reasons that cause QuickBooks to display Error Code 101. If there are flaws in the Windows or QuickBooks configuration, then you will get an error message “We are fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible. Try connecting again tomorrow”. that can be rectified immediately. If QuickBooks is displaying “Looks like the connection to the bank – Business Online Banking isn’t available right now. Try again in a few hours. (101)” then this indicates malfunctions in the banking server and you might need to wait until the problem is resolved from the bank’s end.
Following are the reasons that trigger error 101 while connecting your bank account and downloading bank feeds in QuickBooks:
- Windows failure to run Flash, Java, .Net Framework and ActiveX cause QB Online application to display error code 101.
- Poorly configured internet explorer settings generate obstacles for QuickBooks to connect with the internet.
- Outdated or blocked Windows components like Microsoft .Net Framework and ActiveX Controls hinders QuickBooks Online display function and provokes error code 101 in QuickBooks.
- Disabled Script Debugging is also a reason QB displays 101 error message on users screen.
When you detect the trigger for QuickBooks Online 101, jump into its troubleshooting immediately as follows.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101
Here’s what you can do to fix QuickBooks Banking Error 101:
Solution 1: Reconfigure Internet Explorer for Proper Functioning with QuickBooks Online
Begin by configuring the settings of Internet Explorer to ensure seamless running:
Add Intuit® as a Trusted Website
You may need to add Intuit as your trusted website for QB to run correctly:
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner.
- Select Internet Options, and from under the Security tab click Trusted Sites.
- Hit the Sites option and in the add website field type https://*.intuit.com.
- Click Add and follow the same steps to add https://*.QuickBooks.com.
- Hit the Close button, and under the Custom Level section scroll down to locate Miscellaneous.
- Enable the Allow Cross-Domain Requests option and hit OK.
- Press Apply and then OK.
- Reopen Internet Explorer and try to update transaction once again in QuickBooks Online.
Reset Internet Explorer’s Pop up Settings
Check the pop-up settings and correct them:
- From under the Privacy tab select Advanced and check-mark the Override Automatic Cookie Handling option.
- Make sure that First Party and Third Party Cookies are accepted in the browser settings.
- Now check-mark the Always Allow Session Cookies option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Enable ActiveX Controls
Give controls to ActiveX-
- Under the Security tab select the Internet option and hit Custom Level.
- Under the Internet Zone window scroll down ActiveX Controls and Plugins.
- Now enable the Download Signed ActiveX controls, Binary and Script Behaviors, Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting, and Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins options.
- Click OK and exit Internet Explorer.
- Try connecting your bank account with QuickBooks once again, and if you are still getting error 101, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Enable TLS 1.2 and Change Encrypted Pages Settings
Configure the TLS settings:
- Under the Advanced tab scroll down and make sure Use TLS 1.2 check-box is check-marked.
- Now find Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk and uncheck this option.
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
Solution 2: Update .Net Framework, Java, and Adobe Flash Player on Windows
The following solution involves updating the outdated apps, components, and programs:
- Visit Java Download Center to download and install the latest release of Java.
- Follow the link and download Latest Updates of Flash Player.
- Download most recent updates of .Net from here – Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
Solution 3: Manually Update Banking in QuickBooks Online
You may need to update the banking section in QB Online manually:
- Open QuickBooks Online and from under the Banking section from the Dashboard select Banking.
- Click Update and try to update online banking in QuickBooks online.
Solution 4: Check QuickBooks Online Banking
Undertake the following steps to verify error 101 in QB Online:
Step 1: Log into your bank’s website
Open a new tab or access a different browser. Here, go to your bank’s website and sign into your account. Check if you see any errors.
- If errors emerge, they may be because the bank’s server is down.
- If no errors arise, it means the problem lies with your browser or internet connection.
Step 2: Verify the active status of your account
Verify the active/ inactive status of your bank account. You can do so by reviewing the existing balance and transactions of the past twelve months.
If your bank account is be active, but you can’t log into your bank’s website, you need to contact your bank directly.
Step 3: Identify the missed prompts
Sometimes, you may have notifications and prompts that you didn’t receive through email or any other alert. However, they need your confirmation or acknowledgment. In such cases, get back to your account on the website, and verify the messages that require validation. It can be terms and conditions, updates, etc.
After you acknowledge the prompt, return and refresh your account in QuickBooks Online.
If the banking error persists even after you apply all these troubleshooting solutions and waiting for 72 hours, you should try reaching out to the support team by signing into your QB company file.
If none of the solutions work and you are still facing problems connecting your bank account in QuickBooks online then as a temporary solution you can Manually Import Banking Transaction in QuickBooks Online. Sometimes QuickBooks error code 101 arises because of unresponsive banking servers, and you can wait a few hours before applying the solution. In case if you keep getting QuickBooks Error 101, then you can contact Error Support at +1- 855 738 2784 for further assistance.
How to ensure stable internet connectivity to fix error 101?
You can resolve error 101 QuickBooks by verifying stable internet connectivity. Do so as follows:
- Open your internet explorer.
- Search for any safe site like google.com.
- If you can’t connect, it means a connectivity issue exists.
- If not, then try other troubleshooting solutions.
How to modify your internet connection settings to resolve error 101?
Alter your internet settings by connecting QuickBooks with your bank server. It will help you import the transactions by following the steps given below:
- Launch the QB application and access the Help menu.
- Hit the Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings option in the Help menu. Choose Next.
- In the end, click Finish to implement the changes made.
- Now, try updating the bank feeds and check the status of QB Online Banking Error 101.
How to update Banking manually in QB?
You can update Banking accounts in QB manually to fix error 101:
- Go to the Banking tab and remove the accounts that are unwanted. (Blue signifies selected, whereas grey is for unselected bank accounts.)
- Select the Update icon.
- If QB prompts, enter the multi-factor authentication credentials to log in.
- Choose the Continue Update option.
- A notification of a successful update will emerge.
Related Posts –