Keeping a record of transactions is an important step to keep your books organized and journal entries help to keep those records. Essential records of business transactions such as credit or debit amount date and other key information is maintained in journal entries. Moreover, as the data expands digging through the journal entries becomes a tedious task. To aid the users to find certain journal entries in QuickBooks, the filter option is provided. This blog is your step-by-step guide if you need to go back and view journal entries in QuickBooks.
Unsure if you can view journal entries in QuickBooks? The steps are easy to follow but at times, certain errors might prevent the user to view payroll Journal Entries. If such a case occurs dial +1- 855 738 2784 and contact experts to avail 24*7 Support
How to View Old Journal Entries in QuickBooks?
- Log in to QuickBooks Online and click on Plus (+) sign at the top-right corner of the home screen.
- Choose Other and move to Journal Entry.
- To the left hand upper corner click the Clock icon and choose View More.
- Select Recent Journal Entries.
- You can View old journal entries in QB with these steps and even check them for any correction by double-clicking them.
How to View list of Journal Entries in QuickBooks
You need to run Journal report in QB so as to view journal entries in QB. Given below are quick steps to answer how to view journal entries in QB.
- To the left pane of QuickBooks Online, click the option of Reports.
- Search for Journal in the text box to the right.
- Under the option of the Report Period, click This Month-to-date drop-down to choose Custom.
- Filter in the reports as per your required date range.
- The report will be updated and you can view a list of journal entries in QuickBooks.
How to Find Journal Entries in QuickBooks Online using Advanced Search Option
QuickBooks Online is vested with Advanced Search option which narrows down your hunt for a particular transaction you need or simply look at all journal entries in QuickBooks. While reconciling an account or to dig in for errors it is essential to have a look at all old journal entries in QuickBooks.
- Click on the option of Advanced Search.
- Select Journal Entries from the drop-down menu.
- Next, it is completely up to you if you wish to view all journal entries in QuickBooks or use the filters to narrow down your search.
We hope this tutorial on how to view journal entries in QuickBooks gave you the answer you were looking for. Yet, there have been cases where internal errors occur when users manually enter transactions due to which they are unable to run journal reports in QuickBooks. If you are hanging in such a situation dial +1- 855 738 2784. Talk to professionals for help regarding the same and avoid any data modification.