In rare circumstances, you might get QuickBooks Error PS060 that displays error an message “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable”. QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060 not only affects payroll updates but also obstructs other payroll activities like payroll tax calculation and paycheck creation. This error is commonly mistaken with other server errors that arise because of an unresponsive server. However, error PS060 can quickly be resolved if proper troubleshooting instructions are followed. If you are unable to update payroll because of QuickBooks Error code PS060, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned further in this article for a rapid solution.
QuickBooks Error PS060 – Overview
PSXXX series of errors are related to payroll subscription, and most of them arise because of expired payroll subscription or internet connectivity issues. Error PS060 affects online payroll services and displays a message saying “payroll service is currently unavailable”. There could be several reasons that might cause PSXXX series of errors whereas error PS060 arises only because of two possible reasons then we have listed below in the article.
What Trigger Payroll Error PS060
- Payroll and online services of QuickBooks Desktop Pro expire after 3 years. If you are using a version of QuickBooks Desktop that is more than 3 years old or is discontinued by Intuit, then this can cause QuickBooks to display error code PS060.
- Failure to auto-renew your payroll subscription due to incorrect credit card information also triggers error PS060 in QuickBooks Desktop.
Few Important Points to Consider Before Resolving Error PS060
- Make sure you have access to the internet.
- You must use QuickBooks in Single-User mode while updating QuickBooks Desktop and payroll.
- Your Payroll subscription must be active.
- Ensure that the date and time displayed by your computer are correct and Internet Explorer is set as your default internet browser.
The Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error PS060
Solution 1: Verify Credit Card Information in QuickBooks Desktop
For QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from the Product & Services window click the payroll service you are using.
- Under the Billing Information tab click Edit next to your Payment Method.
- Enter Correct Payment Details and click Save and Close.
- Make sure to verify all the payroll subscription information.
For QuickBooks Online
- Click the Gear icon at the top and select Account and Settings.
- Click Billing & Subscription option.
- Click Edit under the Payment Method tab.
- Now edit your credit card information and click Save Changes.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection Errors
For detailed troubleshooting instructions on how to fix common internet connection and firewall errors follow troubleshooting steps mentioned in our article on Payroll Update Error 12029.
Solution 3: Flush DNS Using Command Prompt
- Press Windows + letter R together.
- Once the Run window appears type cmd in the text-box.
- Press Enter and in the black color command prompt window type ipconfig/flushdns.
- Press Enter and try to use payroll once again and if again you get the same Payroll Update Error PS060 then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 4: Clean Junk Files from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and from under the Tools tab select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, click Delete from the Browsing History section.
- Make sure that the Website Files and Temporary Internet Files option is selected.
- Click Delete and then hit OK.
In case while following the troubleshooting steps if you encounter another error or you still can’t update payroll because of error PS060 then we suggest you dial QuickBooks Error Support Number (844)-888-4666. Our Payroll Experts use advanced tools that detect the exact cause of the error and can provide you an instant solution to update payroll without any errors.