If you are facing issues while creating, opening or working on your company file in QuickBooks, then you might have encountered QuickBooks Error -6150, -1006. Once you encounter this error, you will notice frequent crashes of Windows and QuickBooks application and an error message will pop up on the screen “We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file. We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6150, -1006)”. After you click Start, the application crashes again with the same error message displayed on the screen. Follow the complete article for some possible solutions for this error.
What causes Error -6150, -1006 in QuickBooks?
For any reason, if QuickBooks is unable to access or read the company file, it shows users the error codes -6150 -1006. Down below we have listed all the reasons that can make company file inaccessible or unreadable for QuickBooks:
- The company file that you are trying to access is corrupt or damaged.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks Desktop software on Windows.
- Company file is having a different extension than (.QBW).
- Company file is not accessible to QuickBooks in case it has been accidentally deleted by the user or any security application.
- Windows operating system files or company file is infected with a virus or malware.
(NOTE): Most of the times this error is caused by the Crypto Wall virus that can also infect Windows system files. To check if your system is infected, open your company file folder and if you see any file with the name of DECRYPT _ INSTRUCTIONS inside the folder it means that your system is infected with this virus. This is a critical situation, and we strongly suggest you call QuickBooks Helpline Number (844)-888-4666 for urgent support on error -1650, -1006.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 1650 – 1006
Troubleshooting Step 1: Restore the backup of your company file
- Open QuickBooks Desktop application, and from under the File tab click Open or Restore Company File.
- Now click Restore a Backup Copy and then hit Next.
- Checkmark the Local Backup check-box and hit Next.
- Now locate and select the backup of your Company file.
- Hit Open and then select Next.
- Now click Save in drop-down list and select the location to save the backup company file.
- Now under the File Name field, type a name of the file and click Save.
- On the Confirm Save as Window, click Yes.
- Under the Delete Entire File window, type Yes for the confirmation.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Use QuickBooks Auto Data-Recovery to remove QuickBooks Error Codes 6150
- On your Desktop, create a new folder with the name of QB Test.
- Now locate and find .tlg files in your company file folder.
- Copy .tlg file from the company file folder and paste it into the QB Test folder.
- Now open the QB Auto Data Recovery folder that you will find inside the company data folder.
- Copy .QBW.adr file from QB Auto Data Recovery folder and paste it into QB Test folder.
- Now under the QB Test folder right click the .QBW.adr file and select Rename.
- Remove .adr from the end of the file name and open QuickBooks application.
- Now open the company file from the QB Test folder.
- Under the File tab click Utilities and select Verify Data to check if the problem is fixed.
- If your issue is resolved then replace the company file in QuickBooks data folder with the company file that is located inside the QB Test folder.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Scan your computer using Antivirus
For this troubleshooting step, we suggest you install an antivirus application on Windows and scan your system for any viruses. For help, you can also connect with one of our technical experts at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool
To rectify Error 6150 -1006, you can also try reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop application if none of the troubleshooting helps
- Hit the Start button on your keyboard.
- Select Control Panel and click Uninstall a Program.
- Now select QuickBooks application and click Uninstall/Change the app.
- Select Uninstall and follow the instructions for deleting the app.
- Now Download and run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Click I Accept and continue.
- Select the correct QuickBooks version and click Continue.
- Click OK and install QuickBooks.
- Now open QuickBooks Desktop app.
Some users might still face error -6150, -1006 in the application even after following all the troubleshooting steps and for the complete resolution, we might need to take a closer look at the error. You can call QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666 to connect with one of our QuickBooks Desktop expert who will rectify the error for you by utilizing advanced troubleshooting tools.