The QB Web Connector is a Windows application that allows QuickBooks Desktop application to exchange data with third party online applications. Web Connector is completely a different application than QuickBooks Desktop and requires separate installation on Windows, whereas QuickBooks Online comes with an inbuilt Web Connector that works over the cloud. This article will guide you through each step of setting up QuickBooks Web Connector on Windows operating system, and you can also read frequently asked questions about QuickBooks Web Connector that will answer all of you general queries about QBWebConnector. Follow the complete article for detailed information.
What is the use of QuickBooks Web Connector?
QuickBooks Web Connector application is used to integrate QuickBooks Desktop with several third-party online applications to provides users with more versatile solutions. The exchange of data between QuickBooks Desktop and online web applications is done using the Web Connector that automatically opens the online application files with .qbw extension. Intuit has listed more than 500 applications on its website that can be integrated with QuickBooks desktop where each application has its unique features and needs to be controlled accordingly for favorable outcomes.
Some of these applications integrate with QuickBooks POS for managing payments with payment processors, while some applications provide industry-specific solutions for manufacturing, healthcare, automotive, accounting, real state, nonprofit and many other industries. Users can also integrate applications that ease business functions like CRM, Data Security, e-Commerce, Inventory Management, Human Resources, and many others.
How to install QuickBooks Web Connector?
If you are using QuickBooks in Multi-user mode, then make sure to download and install QuickBooks Web Connector on every workstation in the network that needs to exchange information from third-party online applications. Follow the steps below for downloading and installing QB Web Connector.
- Create a folder with the name of Temp in the C drive of your computer.
- Download QB Web Connector Installer file. (Download link for QuickBooks Web Connector is given below in the article.)
- Open the downloads of your computer and move the installer file to the Temp folder in the C drive.
- Right-click the QB WebConnect zip file and select Extract Here.
- Now Right-click the QBWebConnector.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
- Once the installation is finished, you can see the QB Web Connector icon in the system tray.
How to uninstall QuickBooks web connector?
- Click the Start button and select Control Panel if you are on Windows 7 or alternately press Windows + R key on your keyboard.
- Click Uninstall a program under Programs and Features section.
- Double-click QuickBooks Web Connector and select Uninstall.
- If you don’t see QBWebConnector in the list, then navigate to C:\ Program Files(x86)\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ or C:\ Program Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ folder and delete QBWebConnector file.
How do I disable QuickBooks Web Connector?
- Click the Start button on your keyboard and type QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Right-click QuickBooks Web Connector from the list and select Delete.
- Click Yes for the Confirmation.
- Disabling QB Web Connector will stop the app from auto-start and QuickBooks Web Connector will not sync data with the online app.
How to Download QuickBooks web connector 2019
The latest version of QuickBooks Web Connector is Version 220.127.116.11, and you can download the latest version from the link given below.
Download QuickBooks Web Connector
What is a QWC file?
QWC is a file that is used by QuickBooks Web Connector to authorize the exchange of data between QuickBooks Desktop and third-party web applications.
How to Open QWC File in Web Connector
- Download the QWC file that you require from QuickBooks Application Store.
- Double-click the QWC file from the download location.
- QuickBooks Web Connector will automatically open the QWC file.
- Click OK on the Authorize New Web Service window.
- Enter the password in the Password field and wait till QB Web Connector authorizes the application.
- Checkmark the checkbox beside the web application and click Update Selected.
What QuickBooks Versions does Web Connector support?
QuickBooks Web Connector works with all QuickBooks Desktop applications those are supported by QuickBooks Software Development Kit (SDK). Following are the versions of QuickBooks Desktop that works with QuickBooks Web Connector.
- QuickBooks POS V13.0 or any later version.
- QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier.
- All 2016 and later versions of QuickBooks Desktop (The UK and Canadian Editions).
A user might also encounter various types of errors while installing and using QuickBooks Web Connect. One common error that most of the users face is QuickBooks Web Connect Error QBWC 1085. If you are also facing such error, then follow our article on How to Rectify QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC 1085. In case if the error persist or you are getting a different error then feel free to contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Number (844)-888-4666.