Before directly hopping into the troubleshooting section, let us first discuss what QuickBooks Web Connector is. In order to enable data sharing between QuickBooks Desktop and online application hosted on the web, Microsoft has developed a Windows application called QBWC (QuickBooks Web Connector). Web Connectors can integrate with any QuickBooks Desktop application that uses QuickBooks SDK or QB POS SDK. This free to download software is available on Intuit’s Developers website and is available to everyone. As like every other application Web Connectors also encounters errors and one such error is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception Type Error: Unknown name. Follow the complete article to learn more about this error and its easy troubleshooting method.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085
QuickBooks Web Connector error affects Desktop version of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, and once a user encounters Web Connector error, QuickBooks cannot exchange data from the third-party web-based applications. Web Connector error is triggered when the log file named QWCLOG.TXT becomes damaged or corrupt. You might see different error message description on the screen once you get QBWC1085 error.
QBWC1085: QuickBooks was unable to write on the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing on the log file.
QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.
Exception Type Error: Unknown name
NOTE: If you are not using any third party Web-based applications with QuickBooks, then you can disable Web Connector from the list of automatic startup programs to avoid any web connector errors.
Follow the steps below for deleting QuickBooks Web Connector
- Log in with an admin account on Windows.
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to C:\ProgramData\ Microsoft\ Windows \Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup.
- Find and delete QuickBooks Web Connector form the folder.
- Restart Windows and try using QuickBooks online applications.
Here is the link to download QuickBooks Web Connector for Windows.
Steps to Fix QBWC1085 Web Connector Error
Before following the troubleshooting steps, make sure that the Web Connector program is enabled under the automatic startup programs list and is running in the background process. Follow the steps below to enable the Web Connector.
- Press Windows + R key on the keyboard and type msconfig in the Run window.
- Hit OK and click the Startup tab.
- Now find and check mark the QuickBooks Web Connector program in the list.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Restart Windows.
- After restarting, the Windows follow the next troubleshooting step.
Rename QWCLOG.TXT File
- Right click the small QuickBooks Web Connector icon from the taskbar and select Exit.
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QBWebConnector \log folder.
- Right click the QWCLOG.TXT file and select Rename.
- Rename it to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and save.
- Now restart the Web Connector application.
- Reboot your computer and open QuickBooks again.
- Try using an online application that you have integrated with QuickBooks.
There are many other variations of QBWC errors or the Web Connector errors that you can face, and each error has a different troubleshooting method. In case if you are still getting the same error even after following the troubleshooting method mentioned in this article or if you are getting a different Web Connector error then we suggest you get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for help.