In today’s modern time emailing is one of the most effective ways of communicating with your clients, business vendors, and suppliers for sales and marketing purpose. QuickBooks allows you to send sales forms, promotional emails, statements, and invoices to your clients directly from the desktop application with few easy clicks. Sometime a user might face difficulties in sending emails from QuickBooks, and numerous reasons can trigger this error in the application. Further, in this article, we have listed all the factors that affect the emailing feature of QuickBooks along with the troubleshooting steps to rectify this error.
If you need help resolving this error, then feel free to contact us at our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666.
Following are the prime reasons you are getting error sending emails:
- Inaccurate settings of the email client
- If MapI32.dll file is damaged
- QuickBooks is running under admin account on windows
- Errors while installing QuickBooks
- Errors while installing Outlook application on Windows
- Outlook application is running in the background while sending emails
Follow the Troubleshooting Steps Mentioned below in the article in the given Order for a Quick Resolution:
Troubleshooting Step 1: Make sure you are not using QB app as an administrator on windows
- On your Windows desktop right click the QB icon and click Properties.
- Under the Compatibility tab, uncheck Run this Program as Administrator checkbox.
- Click OK and restart the QuickBooks application.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Verify Email settings in QuickBooks
IMPORTANT: You need to be signed in with your account in outlook if you are using Microsoft exchange server.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop app, and under the Edit tab select Preferences and then click Send Forms.
- Now under the My Preferences tab choose the option for sending email under the Send email using section and then click OK.
- Under the My Preferences tab, select Outlook Email if you use Outlook to send emails and click OK.
- Now exit QuickBooks and restart your Windows.
- Open QuickBooks and try to send an email.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Verify Email Settings in Internet Explorer
- Exit the QuickBooks application.
- Now open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner to open the settings drop-down list then click Tools and select Internet Options.
- Now under the Programs tab check if Outlook is selected as the default program to send emails. If you are using any other program like Outlook Express for sending the emails, then make sure that the same program is selected under the settings.
- Hit the Apply button and then select OK.
- Now exit the Internet Explorer and open QuickBooks to send emails.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Rectify MAPI32.dll File Issues
IMPORTANT: Repairing Microsoft components needs a deep understanding of the Windows operating system and if you find it difficult to follow this troubleshooting step you can contact QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844) 888 4666 for help.
Verify if MAPI32.dll is functioning correctly:
- Restart Windows and open Microsoft Word with a new document open in it.
- Now under the File tab click Send and select Email as PDF Attachment
- If you don’t get any errors while opening the email then call QB Customer Service Number 844-888-4666 for help.
- If you get any errors, then follow the further troubleshooting to repair MAPI32.dll.
Fix Issues with MAPI32.dll:
- Restart your Windows computer.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and in the Search Programs and Files box type C:\ Windows\ System32 and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Search and click the Fixmapi.exe file and follow the instructions on your screen to repair the file.
- Restart your Windows computer after the file is repaired and try sending the email once again.
- If repairing the file does not help then try renaming MAPI32.dll file with the next troubleshooting step.
Change the name of MAPI32.dll file:
- Restart your Windows system and press the Windows key to open Search Programs and Files search box.
- Type C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files\ System\ MSMAPI\ 1033 in the search box and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Now in the open folder find and right click the MAPI32.dll file and select Rename and rename the file to MAPI32.dll.OLD.
- Restart Windows and follow the troubleshooting step mentioned above run Fixmapi.exe file.
- After the repair process is completed, restart your Windows once again.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Application
Follow our article on Repairing QuickBooks Desktop Application for this troubleshooting step.
Following all the troubleshooting steps might be a tiresome task for some users, and users can also face issues while repairing windows components as mentioned in the article. If this is the case, then we are always ready to help our users in such situations. You can call our QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support Number (844) 888 4666 for prompt assistance from QuickBooks Certified technicians.