QuickBooks users often face issues while backing up data using Intuit Data Protect. Most of the Intuit Data Protect errors arise when you are not using the latest and most updated version of QuickBooks and IDP, so today in this article, we will guide you through the update process that will help you avoid common Intuit Data Protect errors. Before we proceed further with the update instructions, let’s first understand why you should keep your Intuit Data Protect updated with the latest updates. Follow the complete article for detailed instructions on how to update Intuit Data Protect.
Call Intuit Data Protect Support Phone Number (844)-888-4666 for Troubleshooting Common Intuit Data Protect Errors
Why you should Regularly Update Intuit Data Protect
Not only Intuit Data Protect requires regular updates, every web application that stores user’s information needs to be updated on a regular basis to protect user’s data from online threats. The updated application ensures improved security, better performance and safeguards your information from known risks. Following are the benefits of keeping Intuit Data Protect up to date.
- Advanced Security to protect your critical information data theft.
- Improved performance of the application.
- Better stability on different operating systems.
- Overall assurance of data safety and protection from data loss.
Minimum System Requirements for Installing Intuit Data Protect
- Windows 7
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
- Internet Explorer 11
- 4 GB RAM
- 4 GHz Processor
- 5 GB of free disk space
- 4X DVD-ROM drive (if installing from a CD)
- 1280 x 1024 screen resolution of the display
Steps to Update Intuit Data Protect Inbuilt with QuickBooks Desktop
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and click Update QuickBooks under the Help tab.
- Now under the Update now tab make sure Data Protect option is check marked.
- Click Get Updates.
- After the updates are downloaded, restart QuickBooks to install the updates.
- Now the next step is to update the external Intuit Data Protect.
Steps to Update Intuit Data Protect Installed on Windows
- Click the arrow at the bottom right side of the taskbar and then right click the green color IDP icon.
- Now click About Intuit Data Protect option.
- Make sure you are using either QuickBooks 2016, 2017 or 2018 version.
- Click Update and wait until the Update Intuit Data Protect window appears.
- Click OK and open QuickBooks.
IMPORTANT: In case if, you get an error while updating IDP, which is quite common, then make sure to follow our article on How to Fix Intuit Data Protect Errors for troubleshooting common IDP errors.
There are possibilities that you might get errors while updating IDP on Windows or Mac operating systems even after following all the guidelines and verifying the minimum system requirements and in this type of situation we suggest you call Intuit Data Protect Support Team at (844)-888-4666 for quick help and assistance.