QuickBooks Error 15271 is one of the most common occurrences in QB history. Therefore, figuring out a way to overcome this issue is crucial. This blog clarifies all your doubts and queries regarding the issue and troubleshooting steps.
Updating Payroll in QuickBooks is as easy as going through the settings and taping a few options. However, there are times when the simple task of updating QuickBooks Payroll becomes complicated because of errors. The error that we will discuss in this article is error 15271 in QuickBooks which appears while downloading or installing payroll updates and is most likely caused when QuickBooks fails to validate the download file.
Error 15271 QuickBooks Enterprise is another 15XXX series of errors that can be resolved by implementing the troubleshooting steps suggested by our certified experts. Further, in the article, you will find detailed troubleshooting instructions to address QuickBooks update error 15271.
The annoying error 15271 QuickBooks can hamper your productivity intensely. While we hope this guide can be your one-stop solution to this problem, you can call our payroll support number at +1- 855 738 2784 for additional views and professional assistance
QuickBooks Update Error 15271 – Description
Whenever a user tries to install the latest payroll updates, Windows first validate the downloaded file for its integrity. If Windows detects imperfections in the downloaded file, it triggers an “A File Cannot Be Validated” error. The error 15271 QuickBooks Pro is a common issue that can also occur while updating other Windows applications. Once the user encounters the QuickBooks payroll update error, QuickBooks displays an error message.
“Error 15271: The payroll update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.
“Error 15271: The update did not complete successfully. A file cannot be validated.”
Intuit suggests turning off the User Account Control on Windows to remove error. However, this isn’t the only solution that always resolves the error, and you might need to apply other solutions as well.
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Desktop Error 15271
Following are all the known reasons that are responsible for triggering QuickBooks Desktop update error 15271:
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- A discontinued version of QuickBooks Desktop can cause QuickBooks error 15271 payroll.
- Windows security applications are interrupting the background processes of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Outdated payroll tax tables may result in QuickBooks error code 15271.
- Incorrectly configured Windows User Account Control (UAC) settings prevent QuickBooks from installing the updates.
IMPORTANT: As per the QuickBooks Sunset Policy, every QuickBooks Desktop version stops receiving support after three years.
This also includes online services like Payroll, so make sure that the QuickBooks version that you are using is no more than three years old.
Solutions to Getting Rid of QuickBooks Error Code 15271
Below you will find step-by-step instructions for resolving error:
First Solution: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version
For complete information on downloading and installing the latest released updates of the QuickBooks Desktop application, follow our article How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version.
Second Solution: Install Payroll Updates in Windows Safe Mode
- Click the Start button on your desktop and select Restart from the Shutdown menu.
- Once the Windows is rebooting, continuously press the F8 key on your keyboard to bring the Advanced Boot Options screen.
- From the navigation keys on your keyboard, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Try to install the payroll updates once again after the Window reboots in Safe Mode.
- If you still receive the QuickBooks payroll update error message 15271, follow the next troubleshooting step.
- If you can install the payroll updates in Safe Mode, this indicates that some other applications on your computer are interrupting the installation of payroll updates. Contact a certified Microsoft Professional or Support at +1- 855 738 2784 for help in such a case.
Third Solution: Download Latest Payroll Tax Tables
- Launch QuickBooks and open the Employees tab.
- Click Get Payroll Updates, and in the following windows that show up, click Download Entire Payroll Update.
- Finally, click the Download Latest Update option, and you will be notified by QuickBooks when the updates are downloaded.
Follow our article QuickBooks Latest Payroll Tax Table Updates Available for Download for more detailed instructions.
Fourth Solution: Turn-Off UAC (User Account Control) on Windows
- Click the Windows Start button and type UAC in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Click Change User Account Control Settings from the search results.
- Drag the slider to Never Notify and click OK to save settings.
- Restart your computer, ensure no QuickBooks payroll update error 15271 and try to install the payroll updates now.
Fifth Solution: Modify System Registry
Begin implementing this solution by utilizing a registry repair tool that will fix the damaged QuickBooks application entries, proceed with the following steps:
- Open the Start menu and write CMD in the search bar but do not press enter.
- Instead, hold Ctrl and Shift keys simultaneously and then hit Enter.
- Select Yes when the permission dialog box appears.
- When a black window with a blinking cursor emerges, type “regedit” and press Enter.
- From the registry editor window, choose “Failure 15271.”
- Now, hit the Export option under the main File menu.
- Further, you must choose the folder where you want to take backup and tap the Save option.
- Next, you need to consider the Branch code from the Export range.
- You must undertake a complete scan with a malware expulsion system to eliminate them.
- End by erasing all the undesirable and junk records, comprising temp files and folders from the system.
Sixth Solution: Erase Junk from the System
You must delete junk files and folders from the system to keep it fresh and error-free. For this, conduct complete malware scans, clear junk files, and update system drivers. Also, use the Windows system to restore and resolve the recent system alterations.
You can also uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application to fix QuickBooks payroll error 15271. Further, run the Windows System File Checker (SFC/Scannow). End by installing all the recent Windows updates and clean install Windows.
Seventh Solution: Clean Install QuickBooks in Selective Startup Mode
Initiate this solution for QuickBooks Desktop error 15271 as follows:
- Press Windows and R keys on the keyboard together to launch the Run dialog box.
- Here, type msconfig> OK.
- In the general tab of the main menu, choose the Selective Startup option.
- Now, you need to opt for Load System Services, then Services > Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Further, hit the option that says Disable all and uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services. checkbox”
- It is crucial to mark the Windows Installer as checked in the box in the service list.
- In the System Configuration option, click the Restart tab.
- After restarting the system, uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Seek More Help
There are still possibilities that QuickBooks Desktop update error 15271 can display on your screen even after following all the troubleshooting steps. If this is the case, we suggest you call Number +1- 855 738 2784 for better help and assistance. Certified experts are proficient in resolving such update errors and can remove QuickBooks error 15271 instantly from your QB Desktop app.
Is there anything to do before attempting methods to fix QuickBooks payroll error 15271?
Before proceeding with the troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks payroll error 15271, do the following:
- Launch QB Desktop and navigate to the File menu.
- Here, choose the option “Backup Company”> “Build Local Backup.”
- Now, all you have to do is manage the ongoing screen instructions and form a backup of the company file.
What are the after-effects of QuickBooks payroll update error message 15271?
The various consequences of QuickBooks payroll update error message 15271 are as follows:
- Windows perform sluggishly and respond late to commands.
- The PC may freeze regularly.
- There may be frequent crashes.
- The error message will keep displaying on the screen.
Which operating systems get affected by QuickBooks error 15271 frequently?
The QuickBooks error 15271, occurring due to incorrect Internet Explore configuration causes interruptions in update and payroll installation process. Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, and XP are the common operating systems suffering the consequence of this error.
Related Posts –
The Best Ever Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6209
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 6176 Once and for All
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6130 in Minutes
Don’t Panic! 3 Ways to Fix QuickBooks Error 6144 82?