QuickBooks Web Connector is an application developed by Microsoft to create sync between QuickBooks Desktop and web-based applications to exchange data. QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) supports all versions of QuickBooks, including QuickBooks Point of Sale. In certain instances, users encounter an error where the QuickBooks web connector stops working, and this is one of the many errors that QuickBooks Web Connector encounters. However, no error code is displayed when QuickBooks Web Connector won’t open, and QuickBooks says, “QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program”. For detailed troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article until the end.
Are you Getting Web Connector Errors while Opening QuickBooks? Call Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Immediate Help and Assistance
What Causes Problems Opening QuickBooks Web Connector?
QuickBooks Web Connector is a separate tool from QuickBooks, and it needs to be configured appropriately on Windows for proper functioning. Any glitches in the application installation and Windows configuration can trigger errors while running the Web Connector. Following are the reasons responsible for Errors Connecting to QuickBooks Web Connector:
- Windows user does not have the administrative right to create directories.
- The log file used by Web Connector to establish sync with QuickBooks Desktop is missing.
- QuickBooks Web Connector is missing the latest updates.
- The improper installation also causes the QuickBooks Web Connector to stop unexpectedly.
IMPORTANT: Before following the troubleshooting steps, make sure that the QuickBooks Desktop application is running and one of your company files is open in it.
Troubleshooting to Resolve QuickBooks Web Connector Error
Troubleshooting Step 1: Create a New User and Assign Administrative Rights
- Click the Windows Start button and then select Settings.
- Select the User Account and then click Family and Other Users.
- Click Add Someone else on this PC from under the Other User tab.
- Now click I don’t have his person’s sign-in information from the bottom of the page and then select Add a user with Microsoft Account.
- Enter a name for the new user account, and if you need, you can also set up a password for the account from the same window.
- Click Finish and then select the newly created account.
- Go to the Account Type section and select Administrator.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Web-Connector
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard and type appwiz.cpl in the Run window’s text box.
- Press Enter or click OK to open the Uninstall a Program window.
- Right-click QuickBooks Web Connector and then select Uninstall.
- If QB Web Connector is missing in the list, then navigate to the C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ folder and delete QBWebconnector folder.
- Now click the link and Download QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Extract the files from the zip folder and double-click the Web Connector .exe file.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Set Permission for the Log File on Windows
- Navigate to the C:\Users\Public\AppData\local\IntuitQuickBooks Web Connector\version directory folder and locate the log file having .QWC extension.
- Right-click the file and select properties.
- Go to the Properties tab and hit the Edit option.
- Select the name of the user or group that needs the permissions and click Allow to give full control access.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes to the permissions settings and check if the error is resolved.
For more info, read: Change the Permissions for the File.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Create a New User or Assign Administrative Rights to the Current User
- Go to the Control Panel and select Accounts.
- Move to the Family and Other Users Settings and click the Add Other User option.
- Click Add Account, and from the Account Type section, select Administrator.
- Click OK.
- If you want to assign administrative rights to the current user, select the user account and change the account type to an administrator.
- Save the settings and log in with the updated account to check if this solution resolves the error.
Hopefully, you will get rid of the error by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article. Still, if the “QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working” error is not resolved, or you are getting a different error like QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085, you can get direct assistance troubleshooting the error from certified professionals by calling Support Number +1- 855 738 2784.