One of the most important Microsoft components that QuickBooks requires for its operations is the .Net Framework. QuickBooks encounter error 1935 while installing Microsoft .Net or QuickBooks on Windows. Our support experts have found that Error 1935 is a Windows error that not only affects QuickBooks but also strikes other Windows applications like Norton antivirus, Alchemy Catalyst, Pinnacle Studio, AutoCAD, and even Microsoft’s own apps. QuickBooks error 1935 usually occurs if there are issues with your .Net Framework installation, some other reasons responsible for the error are listed further in this article. We recommend that you follow the steps mentioned in our article for a quick solution.
Want to Get in Touch with our Support Team! Call Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Immediate Assistance
What Gives Rise to Error 1935 in QuickBooks
Whenever you receive an error code 1935 while installing QuickBooks Desktop or .Net Framework, it is typically due to one of the following reasons:
- Microsoft .Net Framework is busy installing some other applications on Windows.
- Security applications like Antivirus or Antispyware are interrupting QuickBooks installation.
- The .Net Framework installed on your computer is corrupt, damaged, incomplete, or outdated.
NOTE: Ensure to install important Windows updates before troubleshooting the error, as outdated windows might trigger QuickBooks installation error 1935.
What exactly is QuickBooks Error 1935?
While trying to install the QuickBooks Desktop or Microsoft .Net Framework on Windows, one of the following error messages appears:
- Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly.
- Error 1935: This setup requires .NET Framework.
The error 1935 appears when the required .Net Framework files are not available to QuickBooks Installer for completing the QuickBooks Desktop installation. To resolve QB Installer, error 1935 follow the troubleshooting method mentioned below.
These Could be the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1935
- Windows will start freezing when you perform any task on it.
- You might notice an error message reporting that QuickBooks has encountered a problem, and it needs to be closed.
- You might also notice your Windows crashing while opening other programs.
- An error message with code 1935 may appear in QuickBooks.
- Windows may not respond to your inputs.
- QuickBooks Desktop exits automatically without any notification.
Solution for QuickBooks Install Error 1935
NOTE: Restart Windows and try to install QuickBooks using QuickBooks Clean Install Tool once again. If this didn’t help, try installing the application after disabling any security software installed on Windows like antivirus or antimalware.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Reinstall .Net Framework and Run Quickbooks Install Diagnostics Tool
Follow steps 1 and 2 from our article QuickBooks Event ID Error 4 for detailed instructions on Reinstalling QuickBooks and Running QuickBooks Install Diagnostics Tool on Windows.
NOTE: You can also try Microsoft .Net Framework Repair Tool to fix .Net installation errors.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Activate the Selective Startup Mode on your Computer
When you enable Selective Startup Mode on your Windows PC, it only loads the selected essential programs required to run Windows and perform basic operations like installing an application.
- Press Windows + letter R key on your keyboard and type MSConfig in the text box of the Run window.
- Press Enter and select Load System Services and Selective Startup under the General tab.
- Now under the Services tab, check the Hide all Microsoft Services box.
- Click Disable all and then uncheck the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- Make sure Windows Installer is unchecked.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Click Restart to save changes.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Turn off Selective Startup mode after the Installation
Once error 1935 is resolved by running Windows in Selective Startup Mode, you will need to switch it back to normal mode so that you can avail all other features and functions of your Windows operating system.
- If you have successfully installed QuickBooks, you need to turn off the selective startup mode to take your computer back to its normal configuration.
- Click the Start button and type Run in the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Click Run program from the top of the list and type MSConfig in the text box of the Run window.
- Under the General tab, click Normal Startup and then OK.
- Restart your computer to save changes.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Temporarily Disable your Antivirus Security to avoid Interruptions while Installing QuickBooks
If your antivirus is configured with strict policies, it can impose restrictions on installing a new program on Windows. To avoid this, either you can add QuickBooks as a safe program in your antivirus settings or disable it temporarily until you completely install QuickBooks Desktop. For detailed instructions on adding a program to the list of safe programs in your antivirus and to temporarily disable it, visit the official website of your antivirus or contact support.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation Issues using Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool not only helps resolve issues that arise because of a damaged installer file but also helps you rectify errors that are a result of corruption in Microsoft .NET Framework. Follow the instructions below and quickly fix QuickBooks installation error 1935 using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- If you have not already installed QuickBooks Tool Hub, download and install it.
- After the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub, run it using its shortcut icon that you can find on the desktop.
- If you can’t find the shortcut icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub, search it manually from Windows search.
- Go to the Program Installation Issues tab and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait until the Install Diagnostic Tool resolves all issues interrupting QuickBooks Desktop installation.
- Restart Windows and check if you can install QuickBooks now without errors.
There are instances where after following all the troubleshooting steps in the given order user gets the same QuickBooks error 1935. If you are also getting a QuickBooks Installer error after the troubleshooting, we suggest you get in touch with us at our Error Support Number +1- 855 738 2784.
Related Search Terms: QuickBooks won’t install error 1935, QuickBooks not updating error 1935, QuickBooks Pro generates error code 1935, QuickBooks Enterprise Error 1935, I am getting error 1935 during QuickBooks installation, QuickBooks error 1935 windows 10, QuickBooks 2018 error 1935, Error 1935 QuickBooks 2016, QuickBooks error code 1935, QuickBooks 2011 error code 1935, QuickBooks .Net Framework error 1935, Fix .Net Framework for QuickBooks, QuickBooks pro 2016 error 1935, QuickBooks error 1935 .Net Framework, QuickBooks 2011 error 1935, QuickBooks 2010 error 1935, QuickBooks error code 1935, QuickBooks installer error 1935, Error 1935 QuickBooks 2013 requires .net framework, Error 1935 QuickBooks 2018 requires .net framework, QuickBooks update error 1935 windows 10