QuickBooks, already meeting the business needs of small to mid-sized businesses has got an added feature of Payroll. QuickBooks Online account and payroll have benefits of same-day direct deposits. Moreover it helps in preparing your taxes. ViewMyPaycheck helps employees to access their payroll information online. Recently, ViewMyPaycheck changed to QuickBooks Workforce claiming the same features. Yet, users have reported error messages such as “We Weren’t Able to Show your Payroll Info.” In this blog, we discuss what can be done to resolve the error as no complete solution could be found elsewhere.
You can also Call Banking Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Quick Troubleshooting Assistance from Certified Experts
Getting Access to the Payroll Information using QuickBooks Workforce
The process to Sign up and register to view payroll info using QuickBooks Workforce has been listed below:
- First of all, an invite has to be sent to the employees for QuickBooks Workforce using the invitation link.
- To create the account, the invite is to be accepted through the invitation sent via email.
- Open the browser and sign in to workforce.intuit.com
- Click on the Paycheck menu to view your paycheck.
- You can further print the payroll information.
Steps to resolve We weren’t able to show your payroll info in Workforce
Method 1: Ask the employees to use the private window when accessing payroll in QuickBooks Workforce
- For Chrome Browser. Press Ctrl + Shift + N.
- For Internet Explorer or Firefox, use Ctrl + Shift + P combination.
- For the Safari browser users, Command + Shift + N will open the private window.
Method 2: Clear the Browser’s Cache
- Open History from the top-right corner Menu option.
- Click on Clear Recent History.
- A pop up window with the time Range to Clear might appear. Set it to Everything.
- From the Drop-down arrow button next to details, check-mark Cache.
- Hit Clear Now. Close Firefox and restart the browser to see if “We Weren’t Able to Show your Payroll Info.” error is solved.
- Internet Explorer-
- Open the IE browser and click on the Gear icon.
- Select Safety and click on Delete Browsing history.
- Uncheck the box next to Preserve Favorites Website Data.
- Check the Temporary Internet Files and hit the Delete option.
- Finally, click on OK and close IE before accessing QuickBooks Online again on it.
- Google Chrome-
- Click on three dots on the top-right corner which indicated the Menu option. Next select History.
- Select Clear Browsing Data.
- Use the Obliterate the following items from drop-down arrow to select the beginning of time.
- Finally, select Clear Browsing Data.
- Close Google Chrome and then reopen to go to QuickBooks Online and check if the Error is Resolved.
- Choose Safari and then click on Preferences.
- At the top of the Window click on the option of Advanced.
- Select Show Develop menu in menu bar.
- Click on Develop and finally Empty Caches.
- Close all windows opened and Safari and restart it. Sign-in to QuickBooks Online to see that “We weren’t able to show your payroll info ” is resolved.
Method 3: Use the supported and most up-to-date Internet browser
Updating the Internet Browser solves most of the errors, usually the errors due to outdated browser. The supported browsers can be updated automatically or you can also update the browser manually. The method to update is, go to the control panel and search for browser. Next perform the required operations to update the browser.
The aim of this blog is to give you quick fix to “We Weren’t Able to Show your Payroll Info” error message. The error roots from technical reasons and it is recommended to call Support Team at +1- 855 738 2784. Reaching out to the Payroll professionals at the given number will troubleshoot the glitches.