In this article, we are going to cover how you can import your banking transactions of more than 90 days in QuickBooks online. Most of the banking institutions allow users to download the last 18 months of transactions and you can easily import transactions of more than 90 days in QuickBooks Online by following the steps mentioned in this article. QuickBooks Online supports transactions from saving, checking, credit card, and money market accounts, however, there are few limitations those are applied while uploading the banking transactions like file format, file size, and type of the file. Follow the complete article for a detailed and step-by-step tutorial.
Call Support Number +1- 855 738 2784 & Get Help from a Certified Experts for Importing Banking Transactions into QuickBooks Online
What are the File Requirements to Import in QuickBooks Online
There are certain file requirements that you need fulfill before importing the file in QuickBooks Online, or else you will get errors while uploading the transaction file in QuickBooks Online. Following are the file requirements that you need to need to fulfill:
- The size of the file that you are going to import should not be more than 350 KB in size.
- The only supported file formats are CSV, QFX, QBO, OFX any other file formats cannot be imported in QuickBooks Online so make sure to download the transaction file from the banking website in these formats only.
- If your file has any transaction more than 11 digits, then it needs to be entered manually.
- The file must not contain special characters like $, &, #, etc.
NOTE: If your bank only gives you an option to download the transaction file in Excel CSV format then you can follow our article on How to Import Banking Transactions in QuickBooks using Excel CSV Files for detailed information.
Steps to Import the Transaction File from the Banking Website
- Open your internet browser and sign in to your bank account from the banking website.
- From the download transactions page select the specific account and the date range.
- Before downloading the transaction file, make sure to choose the supported format like CSV or QBO.
- If the file size is exceeding 350 KB, then download multiple files with a smaller date range.
- Download and save the file on your desktop.
Steps to Upload Transaction File in QuickBooks Online
- Open QuickBooks Online, from the left side panel select Banking, and then click Banking.
- Click the Update drop down list and select File Upload.
- If no accounts are connected, then you can also upload transactions by selecting the Upload Transactions Manually option.
- Click the Browse button and locate the transaction file saved on your desktop.
- Click Next, and from the QuickBooks Account drop down list select the account where you want to add the transactions.
- If this is the first time you are uploading the transactions, and there are no accounts added, then you can click the Add New Account button to add a new account.
- If the file you are uploading is a CSV file, then follow the on-screen options to select the columns from the CSV file that can be imported in QuickBooks Online.
- For manually importing CSV file navigate to the Import Data page click the Gear icon and from under the Tools tab and choose Import Data.
- Now select the Bank and click Next.
- Hit Let’s Go to finish the upload process.
In case if you are facing any errors while downloading banking transactions or while connecting QuickBooks Online with your financial institution then follow our article How to Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error OL 301 and OL 393.
QuickBooks use WebConnect to import banking transactions and you might get errors if WebConnect is not properly configured. If following the above-mentioned method gives you any errors or you are facing any difficulties uploading the transactions in QuickBooks Online then you can always reach us at our Helpline Number +1- 855 738 2784 for support.