QuickBooks Online Banking has helped the QB desktop users to connect with their financial institution. This results in users being able to view and download the latest transactions. Additionally, it becomes feasible to use banking services. Many banks have offered this feature to their account-holders. In this blog, we have listed down the steps to download chase bank statements to QuickBooks Desktop. Along with it, we have covered the error that might develop during the process. Read through the blog to get insight into online banking features with QuickBooks.
Need Help Importing Chase Bank Statement into QuickBooks? Call +1- 855 738 2784 to Talk to a Certified Online Banking Expert Now
Setup QB to Allow Chase bank Transactions Download to QuickBooks Desktop
Method 1: With QuickBooks Direct Connect
- Open QuickBooks Company File and select Banking from top menu bar.
- From the menu click on Online Banking.
- Select Set up Account for Online Services and click the Select your QuickBooks Account
- Assign your business checking account to the online Chase Download.
Note: At this point, you can update the Bank name. In the year 2009, Washington Mutual Bank was taken over by Chase Bank. The name can hence be configured here for WAMU users.
- Click on Next and choose Direct Connection.
- Hit on Next and a window open up. Click Yes, my account has been activated for QuickBooks online services.
- Finally select Next and if the account is not activated, choose Activate account. Follow the instructions that follow.
- Enter the information such as customer ID, password and confirm it to have access to online account at Chase.
- To finally connect with Chase account server, click on Sign-in.
- The bank data starts downloading thereafter. Select Finish after the downloads complete.
There are two modes that the user can choose from. These modes allow downloading banking transactions either Side-by-Side or Register mode.
- Side-by-Side Mode: The QuickBooks account balances are displayed on the left side of the screen and online banking account balances on the right. Choose the “Download Online Accounts” option, and click on “Receive Transactions.”
- Register Mode: The registers are displayed in both QuickBooks as well as Chase Bank account. During the process of downloading transactions, the register in Chase account transfers information to QB register.
Tip: If you are downloading the Chase bank transactions on a regular basis, do not enter the transactions manually. If you download and enter transactions manually, you will have duplicate deposits and expenses.
Method 2: With the help of Web Connect
- Register or log in to Chase Online Banking Page.
- After logging in, select the Customer Center tab and scroll to Reference Center.
- Click on the link “Activate Money, Quicken, etc.”
- Select Download Now option so as to create QuickBooks OFX– formatted file and hit Continue.
- Next, you need to select an account from which the transactions are to be downloaded. Also, make the selection of the date range.
- Select the QuickBooks radio button and choose the QB version from the drop-down list. Click on Export.
- Choose the folder to save the file.
- Rename the file with quotation marks as “qbo”. (this helps QuickBooks Web Connect recognize the file.)
- Open QuickBooks on your computer.
- Click the File menu and access Utilities, Import and Web Connect Files.
- Navigate to the desktop and locate the OFX-formatted file you downloaded from Chase Online.
- Click on Open to continue.
- Mach the downloaded transactions from My Shortcuts under Online Banking.
Also read: Download problem while connecting QuickBooks Online bank feeds with Chase bank? Find solution in our article on How to Resolve Chase QuickBooks Download Problem.
Process to Reconnect the Chase Account with QuickBooks
This step many times help solve errors when the user is unable to Download Chase credit card transactions to QuickBooks.
- On the Banking page, click on Add account.
- Search and select the Chase Bank.
- Follow the log in prompts.
- Ensure all the accounts are checked. Continue through the window that opens up.
- When you get to the window where QBO is asking you to map your Bank accounts to accounts, close this window.
Resolve Error if Chase Bank Account Transaction won’t Download to QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Banking menu and select Add Account.
- Look for your bank and select it to get its URL.
- Sign in using your bank username and password. ( Be sure to use the sign-in URL as listed in QuickBooks
- Check the account page to see for any sign-in issues. Such issue could be the root cause that Chase Bank account transaction won’t download to QuickBooks Desktop.
- If everything is Ok, select blue tile from the Banking menu in QuickBooks.
- Finally, click on Update.
In case of any more queries related to the steps to Download Chase Bank Statements to QuickBooks, contact us at +1- 855 738 2784. Do not hesitate to talk with the support team in case the download and importing of bank transactions do not work.