As stated by Intuit QuickBooks Error 101 falls under the category of scripting errors that evolves when the Windows fails to execute the command that is required to run web-based applications. Running QuickBooks Online requires proper functioning of Windows applications like ActiveX, Java, .Net Framework and Flash player. Faults in such Windows components not only affect QuickBooks Online but also negatively impact QuickBooks Desktop and Online Service Center. The most common problem that you might experience after getting QuickBooks Error 101 is the error connecting your bank account with QuickBooks Online. If you are unable to link your bank account with QuickBooks Online, then follow the complete article for a detailed troubleshooting method.
Are You Getting Error Code 101 While Connecting Bank Account in QuickBooks Online? If Yes then Call QuickBooks Online Banking Support Number (844)-888-4666 for Quick Help
What Triggers QuickBooks Online Error Code 101
Including faults in Windows configuration, there are various other reasons that cause QuickBooks to display Error Code 101. If there are flaws in the Windows or QuickBooks configuration, then you will get an error message “We are fixing our connection to this bank as quickly as possible. Try connecting again tomorrow”. that can be rectified immediately. If QuickBooks is displaying “Looks like the connection to the bank – Business Online Banking isn’t available right now. Try again in a few hours. (101)” then this indicates malfunctions in the banking server and you might need to wait until the problem is resolved from the bank’s end.
Following are the reasons that trigger error 101 while connecting your bank account and downloading bank feeds in QuickBooks:
- Windows failure to run Flash, Java, .Net Framework and ActiveX cause QuickBooks Online application to display error code 101.
- Poorly configured internet explorer settings generate obstacles for QuickBooks to connect with the internet.
- Outdated or blocked Windows components like Microsoft .Net Framework and ActiveX Controls hinders QuickBooks Online display function and provokes error code 101 in QuickBooks.
- Disabled Script Debugging is also a reason QuickBooks displays 101 error message on users screen.
Ways to Fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101
Reconfigure Internet Explorer for Proper Functioning with QuickBooks Online
Add Intuit as a Trusted Website
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner.
- Select Internet Options, and from under the Security tab click Trusted Sites.
- Hit the Sites option and in the add website field type https://*.intuit.com.
- Click Add and follow the same steps to add https://*.quickbooks.com.
- Hit the Close button, and under the Custom Level section scroll down to locate Miscellaneous.
- Enable the Allow Cross-Domain Requests option and hit OK.
- Press Apply and then OK.
- Reopen Internet Explorer and try to update transaction once again in QuickBooks Online.
Reset Internet Explorer’s Pop up Settings
- From under the Privacy tab select Advanced and check-mark the Override Automatic Cookie Handling option.
- Make sure that First Party and Third Party Cookies are accepted in the browser settings.
- Now check-mark the Always Allow Session Cookies option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Enable ActiveX Controls
- Under the Security tab select the Internet option and hit Custom Level.
- Under the Internet Zone window scroll down ActiveX Controls and Plugins.
- Now enable the Download Signed ActiveX controls, Binary and Script Behaviors, Script ActiveX Controls Marked Safe for Scripting, and Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins options.
- Click OK and exit Internet Explorer.
- Try connecting your bank account with QuickBooks once again, and if you are still getting error 101, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Enable TLS 1.2 and Change Encrypted Pages Settings
- Under the Advanced tab scroll down and make sure Use TLS 1.2 check-box is check-marked.
- Now find Do Not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk and uncheck this option.
- Click Apply and then hit OK.
Update .Net Framework, Java, and Adobe Flash Player on Windows
- Visit Java Download Center to download and install the latest release of Java.
- Follow the link and download Latest Updates of Flash Player.
- Download most recent updates of .Net from here – Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
Manually Update Banking in QuickBooks Online
- Open QuickBooks Online and from under the Banking section from the Dashboard select Banking.
- Click Update and try to update online banking in QuickBooks online.
If none of the solutions work and you are still facing problems connecting your bank account in QuickBooks online then as a temporary solution you can Manually Import Banking Transaction in QuickBooks Online. Sometimes QuickBooks error code 101 arises because of unresponsive banking servers, and you can wait a few hours before applying the solution. In case if you keep getting QuickBooks Error 101, then you can contact QuickBooks Error Support at (844)-888-4666 for further assistance.