A single mistake while setting up QuickBooks on a Windows computer can stop you from using online banking in QuickBooks Online and Desktop. In this article, we will cover one such QuickBooks online banking error that arises while signing in to the bank account. Once you encounter QuickBooks Error 179, QuickBooks automatically disconnects from the bank account and when you try to login or reconnect it displays error code 179. Recently this QuickBooks Online Banking Error 179 started troubling NatWest bank users but can also affect users of other banks. For a detailed explanation of the error, follow the complete article until the end.
Call QuickBooks Support Toll Free Number (844)-888-4666 and Get Immediate Help Resolving QuickBooks Error 179
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Error 179
Browsers cache and temporary internet files are one of the primary reasons that cause QuickBooks to display connection error 179. Following is the list of all the reasons that trigger error 179 in QuickBooks Online.
1. QuickBooks error 179 appears when the user selects an incorrect bank in QuickBooks to log in.
2. In case if you have mistakenly entered incorrect login credentials then also QuickBooks encounters error 179.
3. After updating your online banking login credential you have not updated them in QuickBooks.
4. You are logged in to your bank account from multiple devices at the time when you are trying to reconnect the account in QuickBooks.
Before following the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, make sure you are not logged in to your bank from some other devices like your phone or tablet.
Make sure to select the right bank in QuickBooks online before reconnecting the account.
Verify the internet connectivity to ensure QuickBooks can connect with the banking server for account reconnection.
The Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 179
Solution 1: Clear Browser’s Cache and Temporary Internet Files
For detailed instructions on how to clear temporary internet files and cache from different browsers follow troubleshooting step 1 Clear Temporary Internet Files and Cache from Browser from our article on error 502.
Solution 2: Verify the Banking Login Credentials
1. Open your internet browser and visit the online login page of your bank.
2. Enter the login credentials and hit sign in / log in button.
3. If you successfully logged in to the account, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
4. In case if you get incorrect login credentials error message then follow the steps to reset the password or contact your bank for support.
Solution 3: Update Banking Login Credentials in QuickBooks
1. Open QuickBooks Online and select Banking from the left side Banking Panel.
2. Select the account that is giving error 179 and click the Edit icon.
3. Choose Edit Sign in Info and enter the most recent login credentials of your online banking.
4. Click Update try to reconnect the account once again.
In case if the error is still not resolved, then we suggest you wait for at least 20 minutes before reconnecting your account again. Within the meanwhile, as a temporary solution, you can download the bank feeds from the banking website and upload them manually in QuickBooks to update your transactions, and bank feeds, follow article Import Banking Transactions in QuickBooks Online for detailed instructions. If you need direct help from a certified QuickBooks Online expert, then you can call us at (844)-888-4666.