There are numerous types of errors that one can face while managing their bank account in QuickBooks Online, some errors evolve from within the application due to technical glitches whereas, some errors arise because of some faults at the banking end. Today we are going to discuss error 108 in QuickBooks that is triggered from the online banking and affects the process of downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks. If the proper solution is not applied the error can stay for months and you won’t be able to sync QuickBooks with your financial institutions. For more info and detailed troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article until the end.
What Cause QuickBooks Error 108
Following are some of the reasons responsible for triggering error 108 in QuickBooks:
- There are unread notifications from your bank under your online banking account regarding some important changes they have made to their website or terms of services. These notifications can also be about some new offers or changes to the policy on how QuickBooks connects and access information from your banking website.
- One more reason is a popup blocker that you have installed on your browser. If you don’t find any popup blocker installed on your browser then check out your antivirus as some antivirus programs come with inbuilt popup blockers.
- Your bank requires you to verify your identity for security reasons and you need to log in to your online banking using QuickBooks.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Error 108
Solution 1: Check Out Notifications from your Financial Institution
- Sign in to your online banking account from a browser.
- Check out any notifications from the bank that require immediate actions.
- Clear the notifications that don’t require any action.
- Sign out from the online banking account and open QuickBooks Online.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account and click Banking from the left side panel.
- Now click Update from the Banking tab.
- In case the error persists and you are still getting the error code 108 then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 2: Disable Popup Blocker
- Open the settings of the browser that you use to open your QuickBooks Online account.
- Search for the installed Extensions.
- If you find any Popup blocker installed then select the option to disable it.
- Now open the settings of your antivirus program and locate any popup blocker feature.
- If found disable it and try downloading banking transactions in QuickBooks Online.
Solution 3: Update your Banking Info in QuickBooks Online
This step is suggested if you have recently made any changes to your online banking login credentials. If you have changed the ID or Password of your online banking then you will need to update this information in QuickBooks Online so that it can successfully connect with your bank account to fetch your account information.
- Open the bank accounts in QuickBooks Online from the Banking
- Click the Pencil icon beside the account name.
- Click Edit Sign-in Info and enter the new id and the password of your online banking.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting method will help you resolve QuickBooks error 108 and if you don’t feel comfortable following the solution or need the help of an expert to fix the error, you can call our QuickBooks Online Support Number (844)-888-4666.