A number of QuickBooks Online users started getting error 9999 while connecting with their banks after a recent update made to the connections that QuickBooks Online use to connect with the user’s financial institution. According to Intuit, Error 9999 in QuickBooks Online is caused by a script error in the browser. Once you encounter QuickBooks Online error 9999, it will not let you update bank feeds or download any transactions from the online banking website and gives you an error message “Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later (9999)”. In this article, we will show you a step by step method to get this script error 9999 resolved. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
What is QuickBooks Online Script Error 9999?
Script error also known as a cross-origin error occurs when the browser refuses to execute a script from a website that is hosted on a third party domain. Browser does this to protect user’s information from Cross-Site Request Forgery attack. This type of attack tricks the user to change their email address, submit a malicious infection, and even to transfer funds. QuickBooks product engineers are still working to get a permanent fix of this problem and soon we might see an update that will remove error 9999 from QuickBooks Online.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Online Error 9999
You can get rid of error 9999 by following some easy to follow troubleshooting steps that we have mentioned below. We suggest you follow each step in the given order to save time and efforts.
Troubleshooting Step 1: Perform an Update of your Bank
Sometimes just updating your bank account for 3 to 4 times resolves online banking errors, to perform an update of your financial institution in QuickBooks Online follow the given steps.
- Open QuickBooks Online.
- Navigate to the Banking tab.
- Click Update.
- Follow the same step 3-4 times.
- If you are still getting the same error, then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Clean Browser’s Cache files
For Google Chrome
- If you are using Google Chrome as your web browser then for clearing the cache, type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar and press Enter.
- Checkmark the Cached images and files box.
- Click Clear data button.
- Type about:preferences#privacy in the address bar of your Firefox browser and press Enter.
- Click clear your recent history button.
- Checkmark Cache from the list and tap Clear now.
For Internet Explorer
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete on your keyboard.
- Checkmark Temporary Internet files and website files checkbox on the Delete Browsing History page.
- Press Delete.
- Click the Develop tab from the top.
- Then click the Empty Caches.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Disconnect and Reconnect Bank Account to Rectify error 9999
Steps to Disconnect Bank account from QuickBooks Online
- Click Banking from the left side panel and then select Banking.
- Click the Edit icon on your account that you want to disconnect.
- Checkmark the Disconnect this account on the save checkbox in the Account window.
- Click Save and Close.
Steps to Reconnect Bank account
- From the Banking tab on the left, click Add Account.
- Enter the login information of your bank and click Continue.
- Follow the security verification instructions.
- Click Securely connect and then click the bank icon that is beside the bank account that you want to add.
- Now select your account from the Account type drop-down list.
- Now select Credit Card account or Bank account.
- Click +Add new if you do not have an account and then click Connect.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Try Logging in to your Banking website from the web browser
Sometimes your bank requires you to go through an extra step of verification for security reasons. Open any web browser, go to your banking website, and log in using your banking credentials. Answer any security questions asked by your bank or enter any OTP sent to you by your bank for the verification. Once you are successfully logged in to your online banking, try updating the bank feeds again in QuickBooks Online.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Import Transactions manually in QuickBooks Online
If none of the troubleshooting steps helps you to get rid of error 9999 in QuickBooks Online then as a temporary solution, you can download the transactions from your banking website in .QBO format and import them to QuickBooks Online. Follow our article on Banking Error 377 in QuickBooks Online for details on importing banking transactions manually to QuickBooks Online.
We understand that getting errors like 9999 in online banking is frustrating and it might interrupt critical business tasks, you can get in touch with us at our QuickBooks Error Support Number (844)-888-4666 for help related to online banking errors 24/7. Our support team is available round the clock and resolves 9999 error in QuickBooks Online in the shortest time possible.