As like other Windows applications, QuickBooks Desktop also encounters errors occasionally, and one of the most annoying errors that users encounter is the error 80029c4a that appears while launching the QuickBooks Desktop app on Windows. This error won’t allow the user to access the application and gives an error message “Problem: There was an unexpected error reported when trying to run QuickBooks with company file “. When users clicks the OK button inside the error popup window, another error popup window appears on the screen with an error message, “QuickBooks couldn’t load a system component. Restarting your computer might solve the problem. Error type: 80029c4a – Can’t load dynamic link library (DLL)”.
What Causes Error 80029c4a in QuickBooks:
- A corrupt file in the QuickBooks installation directory can cause this error.
- Improper or fault in the installation of the QB Desktop application.
- Corrupt windows operating system files or fault in Windows registry are also some of the error-causing factors.
- A Windows security application has deleted some of the QuickBooks installation files from the Windows.
Steps to Fix Something’s not Right – Error 80029c4a
With the release of the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop 2016, 2017, and 2018 this error has already been removed from the application. In case if you are still facing this error even after getting the latest updates then first try to restart your Windows computer as most of the times this will resolve the issue but if it didn’t help then follow the further troubleshooting steps mentioned below in the article:
Troubleshooting Step 1: Perform an Update of your Antivirus Program
- Open your antivirus program installed on your Windows system and under the setting find and select the option to update its virus definition.
(NOTE): As every antivirus program has a unique interface it is not possible to list a single method to find the update setting of every antivirus program. You need to manually find out the update settings of your antivirus program to perform this troubleshooting step, in case if you find it challenging to find update setting you can call QuickBooks Technical Support Number (844)-888-4666 for help.
Troubleshooting Step 2: Check your Antivirus Program’s Quarantine Folder
- From your antivirus dashboard, navigate to the quarantine folder.
- Look for any files that have been quarantined from the QuickBooks installation directory.
- Delete any QuickBooks files and restart QuickBooks Desktop application.
Troubleshooting Step 3: Reboot your computer using Reboot.bat file
- Open QuickBooks installation folder on your computer.
- Find and right click Reboot.bat file and select Run as Administrator.
- Once Reboot.bat registers all the files in the Windows directory, restart your Windows and open QuickBooks Desktop application.
Troubleshooting Step 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop application on Windows
- On your keyboard press and hold the Windows Start key, and hit the letter R key at the same time to open the Run window.
- In the Run window text box type Control Panel and press Enter on the keyboard.
- Click Programs and Features and select QuickBooks from the program installation list.
- Now select Uninstall / Change then click Next and select Repair.
- Follow the on screen instruction to complete the repair process.
- Once the repair process completes, restart your windows and open QuickBooks application.
Troubleshooting Step 5: Reinstall QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Download and install the QuickBooks Clean Install tool to get a fresh installation of QuickBooks on Windows. After the installation double click the Clean Install tool icon on your desktop and follow the instructions on your screen. Make sure to take a backup of your company file before performing this step. QuickBooks Clean Install Tool– Download Now
Hope this Troubleshooting will Help you Resolve the Error 80029c4a in QuickBooks
There are instances where even after following all the troubleshooting this error persists and in such cases we might need to take a more in-depth look at the issue. Call QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666 and get connected with one of our certified expert who will quickly rectify the issue for you.