In the course of time QuickBooks Company file grows in size and starts affecting the performance of QuickBooks Desktop application. Users are then required to run the QuickBooks Condense Data Utility to reduce the company file size. The QuickBooks Condense Data feature allows you to reduce the size of the company file to a considerable degree restoring QuickBooks Desktop’s actual performance. Unfortunately, condensing data can trigger several errors in the application if proper instructions are not followed. Resolving QuickBooks Condense Data errors requires an in-depth knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop software and Windows operating system. Be very careful while performing the troubleshooting to prevent data loss.
Type of QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Following are the types of errors that you might encounter while running QuickBooks Condense Data Utility:
“QuickBooks encountered an error and was unable to successfully complete the condense process. Your company file has been restored to its original pre-condensed state.”
Not enough storage is available to complete this operation” error 8007000e
Illegal operation error
-A data problem prevents QuickBooks from continuing.
QuickBooks encountered a system error when trying to archive your current data file. QuickBooks will not condense your data file as a result of this error.
Please check to make sure you have at least 395744870 bytes of free hard disk space and try to condense again.
Reasons that Cause Errors while Condensing Data in QuickBooks
- Company file is located on some other computer in the network.
- The company file is damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks company file contains a negative quantity and/or negative inventory.
- Insufficient system storage.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop app and Condense Data feature.
- Damaged QuickBooks log file.
A Few Important Points to Consider before Resolving the Errors that appear while Condensing QuickBooks Company File
- Update QuickBooks Desktop with the latest released updates and try to run the condense data utility once again.
- Make sure you have at least 10 GB of free disk space available before compressing the company file using the condense data tool.
- If the company file is stored, on some other computer in the network then first copy the company file to the local storage of your computer and later try to condense the company file once again.
- Make sure to create a backup of the company file before condensing the data as the process is irreversible and you cannot get the same original file back after you run the condense data tool.
Solution to Fix QuickBooks Condense Data Error
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Repair Company File Damage
- Follow our article How to Fix Damaged QuickBooks Company File and Network using QuickBooks File Doctor for detailed instructions on repairing the company file.
Solution 2: Fix Negative Entries in the QuickBooks Company File
- Navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder and open QBWIN.LOG file.
- Scroll down to the very bottom in the file and look for Error and Type of error in the text.
- The text in the file will indicate the transaction and entries that are having a negative value or any other type of error.
- Note down the invoice number and search for the same in the company file.
- Make the required changes to the value of the transaction or the entry and save the file.
- Try to condense the company file once again and if you get the same condense data error then follow the next troubleshooting step.
Solution 3: Rename QBWIN.LOG File
- From the QuickBooks Folder in the C Drive right-click the QBWIN.LOG file and select Rename.
- Type .OLD at the end of the file name and open QuickBooks.
- Try condensing the company file now.
Solution 4: Start Windows in Safe Mode
- Restart Windows and continuously press the F8 key before the boot screen appears.
- Now from the options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Open QuickBooks and run the Condense Data Utility.
If you get some missing vendors, customers, transactions, or items in the list data and you found yourself unable to fix the data error, then you can reach us at our QuickBooks Desktop Support Number (844)-888-4666. Our Team of Intuit Certified QuickBooks Professionals is proficient in resolving QuickBooks Condense Data errors and can fix such type of errors for you as quickly as possible.