Script errors are one of the most confusing errors you may encounter while opening your QuickBooks company file. Script error in QuickBooks provides no information about the cause and display an error message that can’t be clearly understood. If you are tired of such annoying script error messages then here in this article we have mentioned some troubleshooting steps that you can follow to get rid of such scripting errors in QuickBooks. Along with the troubleshooting instructions, we have also listed a detailed description of QuickBooks Script error and its causes, so follow the entire article until the end for complete info.
Are you Seeking Solution to QuickBooks Script Error? Follow the Troubleshooting Mentioned in this article or Call QuickBooks Support at (844)-888-4666 for a Quick Resolution
QuickBooks Script Error – Description
Script Error Message: An error has occurred on the script of this page Line: 7 Char: 561 Error: Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference Code: 0 URL:https://a166211981.cdn.optimizely.com/client_storage/a166211981.html
NOTE: You might notice a different Line, Char, and URL in the error message.
Steps to Fix Script Error in QuickBooks
Step 1: Add Intuit as a Trusted Website in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and from under the Settings go to the Security tab.
- Under the Trusted Sites section add *Intuit.com as a trusted website and go back to the Trusted Sites window.
- Now unmark Require server verification (https:) option.
- Exit the Trusted Sites window and unmark the Enable Protected Mode option.
- Exit Internet Explorer and try to run QuickBooks Desktop again and still if you get the scripting error in QuickBooks then follow all the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Step 2: Clear Internet Explorer Cache Data
- From under the settings of Internet Explorer go to the Browsing History section.
- Click Delete and select history, cookies, and temporary internet files.
- Hit the Delete button.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Step 3: Turn off Add-ons in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and from under the Tools select Internet Options.
- Under the Programs tab, click Manage Add-ons.
- Now click the add-on and select Disable from the bottom side of the screen.
- Click OK and exit Internet Explorer.
Step 4: Clear SSL Certificates from Internet Explorer
- Click the Gear icon at the top of Internet Explorer and select Internet Options.
- Under the Content tab, click the Clear SSL State button.
- Click OK.
Step 5: Set Internet Explorer as your Default Internet Browser
- From under the settings of Internet Explorer go to the Programs tab.
- Click the Make Default button and checkmark the Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser option.
If you are still getting scripting errors while accessing QuickBooks then try to Update QuickBooks Desktop and if this did not resolve the issue then get in touch with us at (844)-888-4666 for immediate help and support.