The multi-user mode in QuickBooks is one of the best and most exploited features of the accounting and bookkeeping application. It allows multiple people to access and edit the company file effortlessly. But what happens when there is a minor misconfiguration in the settings of the multi-user mode? Read below to find out.
QuickBooks Error 50004 is an issue in QB that arises when a user attempts to setup their direct deposit or even tries to activate it and send it. As a result, the user is unable to successfully attempt any of the above tasks. One of the major reasons behind this is the interruption caused by unsuitable settings in the system security and firewall. Experts suggest that running the Verify Data and Rebuild Data Tool in QB can cure the problem from its roots. However, that may not be the case for all users. You can give a shot at this technique, or else proceed to the advisory blog ahead to learn more tricks to do the same.
To understand the easiest ways that eradicate QuickBooks Error 50004 completely, we ask you to go through the entire blog below. Or else, you can also try getting in touch with our certified experts at +1- 855 738 2784 for an instant resolution to the problem
Primary Causes that Lead to QuickBooks Desktop Error 50004
After understanding what QuickBooks payroll error 50004 is, have a look at the most common reasons that boost the occurrence of the error in your device –
- If a user is operating on the multi-user mode to send over the direct deposit, error 50004 may arise in QuickBooks.
- Incorrect date and time settings in the user device.
- In situations where QuickBooks is disconnected from the server, the software may start malfunctioning.
- Inappropriate Windows Firewall settings that restrict QuickBooks operations.
- If QB and Windows are not updated to their latest releases.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods for QuickBooks Error Code 50004
Based upon the causes behind QuickBooks direct deposit activation error 50004, there are multiple ways to fix the same. These are some basic procedures that can easily help you get over this error –
Technique 1 – State QuickBooks and Intuit as Trusted Sites in the Browser
To protect the device from potential viruses that come in with suspicious surfing websites, web browsers like Internet Explorer tend to exclude websites like QuickBooks and Intuit from full access. Follow the below steps to add these sites in the trusted column of IE –
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and your file, and open Internet Explorer on your screen.
- Move the cursor to the upper right corner and click on the Tools icon.
- From the drop-down menu, select Internet Options and tap on Programs.
- Hit the Make Default button, tap on OK and navigate to the Advanced section.
- Click on Security and press the Trusted Sites button. Go to Sites.
- In the given fields, include the following web links and click on Add.
- Terminate the window and go to the Custom Level segment.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous category and select the Enable option.
- Finally, go to the “Access data sources across domains” field and hit the OK button.
- Confirm the action by clicking on Apply and pressing OK.
Technique 2 – Change the Configuration in the QBW.ini File
The purpose of the QBW.ini file is to initialize all the data for QuickBooks. Making slight changes in the file can help you fix errors like Code 50004 in QuickBooks –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and your QB company data file.
- Press the Ctrl key and 1 together on your keyboard, as this will trigger the Product Information window.
- Next, you need to tap on the Ctrl key and 2 simultaneously so that the Tech Help window pops up on the screen.
- Press the Open File button and locate the QBW.ini file. Click twice on the file to launch it.
- When the file opens up, look for this text in it – “[QBLICENSE] PAYROLL_BUNDLE_STATE=Y.”
- You must carefully remove the Y and type N in its place.
- Now, press the File button and then Save to exit from the file.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and confirm if the Payroll Activation window is visible to you.
- If yes, repeat instructions 1 – and delete this text from the file – “[QBLICENSE] PAYROLL_BUNDLE_STATE=Y].”
- If the Payroll Activation window does not appear, proceed to the next technique.
QuickBooks Error 15241 | [Step-by-Step Troubleshooting Guide]
Technique 3 – Provide Admin Access to QB to Resend the Direct Deposit
In this method, we will give admin access to QB by running it as administrator. By doing this, the direct deposit sending process can be carried out easily. This is the way to do it correctly –
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and restart your computer.
- Now, open the Windows Start menu on your screen and go to the search bar.
- Write QuickBooks Desktop, click right on it and tap on the Run as Administrator option.
- When the QuickBooks window appears, click on the Employees menu and select Employee Center.
- Select the name of the employee and press Payroll Info.
- Next, you need to go to Direct Deposit and move to the Direct Deposit window.
- Select the “Use Direct Deposit for [employee’s name]” option and confirm the number of accounts.
- Enter the required information in the given fields for the bank details of the employee.
- Press OK and if prompted, enter your PIN to authenticate the action.
From the above information, we are well aware of the running forces behind QuickBooks Error 50004 and the methods that have proven to be helpful in eliminating the same from our devices. We hope that our decent attempt towards this blog helped you immensely. Suppose you are still stuck with the error; in that case, we suggest you get in touch with our team of professionals at +1- 855 738 2784 for swift assistance.