QuickBooks error 12152 causes unsuccessful payroll updates. If you have encountered this error on your system, keep reading the blog till the end. Here you’ll find the necessary information on why this error emerges and what you can do to get rid of it seamlessly.
QuickBooks is an integrated application providing accounting solutions for a period of years. The program has a number of tools and components that enhance the user’s experience. Payroll is one of these components that has multiple employee fund management features.
However, users have recently struggled to download updates for QuickBooks payroll successfully. An error 12152 in QuickBooks occurs in the devices of many users when they try to do so. This blog focuses on this error in detail and provides you with instructions to erase the same. Read till the end.
An excellent yet, reliable way to tackle QuickBooks Error 12152 is to seek professional help from our team of certified experts. They can support you and teach you about the error in a simple manner. Dial +1- 855 738 2784 right now
What is Error 12152 in QuickBooks?
QB error code 12152 is a payroll update error. This means that when the user tries to download an update for QB payroll, and it becomes unsuccessful due to any reason, this error can strike the device. Mainly, an interruption caused by a weak internet service is the primary cause of this error. Apart from this, the error may come up when the update is successful, but the application is inaccessible.
Therefore, you can avoid the QuickBooks error message 12152 by ensuring to check your internet settings, establishing a robust connection, and permitting the internet to connect to secured websites like Intuit, QuickBooks, etc.
Reasons Why you are Unable to Open QuickBooks Error 12152
Given below are the root causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 12152. One or all of the below mentioned reasons could have provoked the error in your program –
- Operating an outdated or expired version of QuickBooks or the Windows operating system.
- When QB is unable to fetch information regarding your license data, QuickBooks error code 12152 may come up.
- If an unfamiliar user has deleted or modified important QuickBooks files.
- An unstable internet connection could lead to a disrupted installation of the QB software.
- Deletion of crucial QB files from the system can cause QuickBooks Desktop error 12152.
- Corruption in the Windows Registry can also result in such an error.
- There’s a new window(s) that uses API keys but doesn’t work legally.
- Partial, incorrect, or incomplete QuickBooks installation can lead to QuickBooks connection error 12152.
- A virus or malware attack can also trigger error 12152 in QuickBooks.
- Sudden power failures may have caused the program to shut down improperly, leading to errors.
When these reasons trigger QuickBooks error code 12152 on the screen, you may experience some massive signs and symptoms. Let’s dive into this list.
Read Also – Fix QuickBooks Error 12009
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Update Error 12152?
Before understanding the methods that will help us in eradicating QuickBooks error message 12152, you must first be sure about the occurrence of the same. If any or all of the signs are shown by your computer or program, go through the instructions given further in the blog –
- QuickBooks or Windows may become unresponsive or freeze suddenly.
- The computer may shut down to prevent damage transfer to other applications.
- QB does not work well after downloading the latest updates.
- The user may be unable to click on the buttons or tabs in the QB program.
- The screen works fine and then stops working, and this process is repetitive.
QuickBooks Connection Error 12152 – Best Working Solutions
After understanding the different causes and symptoms of QB error message 12152, let us move forward to learning the approaches that will cure the issue of its foundation –
Technique 1 – Restore the Internet Options Settings of your System
Downloading updates from a misconfigured network or web browser can lead to faults in all programs. You must correct the configuration by performing these instructions –
- Press and hold the Windows and E keys simultaneously on your keyboard to bring up the Run prompt box.
- Click on the search box, type Control Panel and press the OK button.
- In the following window, move to the search space and enter Internet Options in it.
- Now, an Internet Properties box will pop up on your screen.
- Here, tap on the Advanced tab and hit the Restore Advanced Settings.
- Tap on the OK button and wait for a short while until all previous changes are reverted.
- At last, you need to restart your system and re-download the QuickBooks updates.
You May Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 12029
Technique 2 – Revert the Changes made in your Computer Device
When you update your computer, there is a possibility that some bugs entered your device, which may result in issues like error 12152. The best way to cope up with this is to restore your system by applying the following steps –
- Use your administrative credentials to sign in to your system.
- Click on the Windows icon and go to the “All Programs” option in the Start menu.
- Further, select Accessories and then navigate to the System Tools.
- Choose to perform a System Restore.
- Doing this will trigger a prompt on the screen, where you need to select “Restore my computer to an earlier time.”
- Hit the Next button and select a location/ point/ folder to restore the previous version.
- Click on Next again to trigger a confirmation text on the screen.
- Press Next again and allow the program to complete the process.
- Finally, reboot your computer and check if error 12152 has disappeared or not.
Technique 3 – Make the Best Use of QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Installation issues in QuickBooks are well fixed by the QB Clean Install Tool inside the QB tool hub. Here are some steps to help you with the process –
- Navigate to the Programs and Features window and then select Uninstall a Program.
- Locate and choose QuickBooks and then tap on the Uninstall/ Change button.
- Press Next to view a prompt that asks you to choose between Repair and Remove.
- Click on the Remove option and follow the uninstallation wizard.
- Now, go to Intuit’s website and download the newest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file on your desktop and install the tool by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
- Tap on Installation Issues and choose to run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- You must wait for the tool to diagnose and rectify the errors in your program and files.
- Later, download and install the required version of QuickBooks on your device and restart it once.
Check for QuickBooks update error 12152, and if it persists, move forward with the following solution.
Technique 4: Configure the Date and Time Settings
When the system’s date and time settings do not align, it causes incompatibility issues with accessing the internet for QuickBooks updates. Let’s look into how you can correct these problems and prevent error 12152:
- Check the date and time on your system at the bottom right corner. If they are incorrect, proceed further.
- Right-click and choose to adjust the date and time.
- Make changes manually and click OK.
- End by restarting the QuickBooks software and verifying if the error persist.
Technique 5: Uninstall, Reinstall, Repair QB Desktop
If the QuickBooks error code 12152 keeps troubling you, undertake the following actions:
- Go to the Control Panel from the desktop or the Start menu, whichever is easier.
- Click Programs and features in the Control Panel Window and choose to uninstall a program.
- Select the current QuickBooks version from the list and remove it. (Ensure to back up your files beforehand so as not to lose any essential data.)
- Now, it’s time to reinstall through any official source or an authentic CD.
- Go where you have downloaded the QuickBooks file and choose the QuickBooks.exe option.
- Double-click, follow the instructions and keep clicking Next to read the software licensing agreements and proceed.
- Enter the information related to the Product key and License number and click Next.
- Next, choose the scan option to run a complete scan and diagnose all the errors.
- End by selecting the Repair all option to rectify the issues.
Technique 6: Modify Registry Editor Extension
An invalid Windows registry can cause significant issues in the system. Correct it by taking the following steps. However, ask a QB expert beforehand, so you do not lose your files and create a backup of your registry files beforehand.
- Go to the Start tab or the Run Window (Windows + R) and type ‘cmd’ or ‘Command’ in the space. Ensure not to press Enter yet.
- Instead, press Ctrl and Shift keys together and then press Enter.
- You will receive a permission dialogue box requesting a Yes or Cancel for this change. Press Yes.
- Now, you will get a blank black window with a blinking cursor.
- Here, you should write regedit and press Enter.
- Find the QuickBooks error 12152-related key in the registry editor windows like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
- Later, move to the File menu and choose the Export option.
- Now, save the Google Chrome or Internet Explorer backup key in a folder.
- Save the file with a name and choose the required branch.
- Hit save and check if the file gets stored in the desired location with the .reg extension.
It is time for us to conclude our comprehensive blog on QuickBooks Error 12152. We gave our best efforts in curating information that is not only factual but also helpful in understanding and resolving the error. If you have followed all the steps given above and still face error 12152, it is time for a deep check-up. Reach out to our certified specialists at +1- 855 738 2784 for prompt help.
Will the error 12152 QuickBooks get fixed by restoring the backup?
Yes, you should restore the latest backup and let things roll as they were before. You can restore it as follows:
- Go to the QuickBooks application and launch it.
- Navigate to the File Menu.
- Choose the option that says Open or Restore Company File.
- Select the backup file you want to restore and proceed further.
Is QuickBooks Tool Hub of any use in fixing QB error 12152?
QuickBooks Tool Hub is excellent in resolving QuickBooks error code 12152. Run the tool and try fixing the annoying error. Download it from official sources, complete the installation agreement, and access the tool. You will find various tools in the application like Quick Fix My Program, QuickBooks File Doctor, etc. Run the one that suits your problem.
Will the QuickBooks error 12152 resolve if I restart the system?
Yes, restarting the system refreshes it so any error persisting can go away. When it is not refreshed, it may cause errors. Check if the error persists after restarting. If you still see the error, get in touch with a QB expert or try other solutions.
Related Post –
I Encountered QuickBooks Error 12038! – What’s Next?
Here’s a Quick Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12002
The Best Ever Solution to QuickBooks Error 12031
Step-by-Step Instructions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error 12007