QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale allows you to manage sales, inventory, customers, and transactions with ease. Other valuable features include paying bills, vendors, sending invoices, and running financial reports. Financial Exchange is the process of exchanging information between two different programs. Usually, this process is performed at the end of a business day. This helps you avoid any mistakes that is caused by entering the same data twice in the records. In some cases, while entering information in QuickBooks POS user might encounter QuickBooks error 3180. There could be several reasons that cause error 3180 in QuickBooks Desktop. For detailed troubleshooting instructions, follow the complete article until the end.
Are you Getting QuickBooks Error with Status Code 3180? If Yes then Call POS Number +1- 855 738 2784 for Immediate Help and Support
QuickBooks Desktop POS Error Code 3180 – Description
QuickBooks Error Code 3180 might appear in QuickBooks Desktop while performing several different operations and can display different status messages. Following is the exact description of QuickBooks Desktop POS Error Code 3180:
Error QuickBooks has reported the following error: There was an error when saving an Employee s list, element “Employee Name.” QuickBooks Error Message: Missing lived in or worked in state. Error Code: 3180 Severity: Error Please contact your software vendor. Do you want to continue?
Types of QuickBooks Error Message 3180
Error 1: Status Message: There was an error when saving the Sales Receipt. QuickBooks Error Message: There is an account missing in one or more item used in the transaction detail lines.
Error 2: Status Message: There was an error when saving a General Journal transaction. QuickBooks Error Message: A/P detail line must have vendor. Error occurred while sending voucher #XX created on (DATE) for vendor “XXXX” to QuickBooks.
Error 3: Status Message: There was an error when sending Sales Receipt. QuickBooks Error Message: Sales tax detail line must have vendor.
Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error Message 3180
Solution to Error 1: Map each Tax Code with Correct Tax Item
- From under the Customers tab, select Item Lists and then create Tax name.
- Open QuickBooks POS and from under the Edit tab select preferences.
- Now select Sales Tax from under the Company section.
- Now check the tax codes those are giving you the error and verify the same in the QuickBooks Financials.
- Make the required changed to the tax code by selecting Edit.
- Click Next twice and until you get the Tax Info section.
- From the tax info section, verify that the tax item is linked to the correct group in QuickBooks Financials.
- Follow the same steps for other tax items.
Solution to Error 2: Remove Items Mapped with AP Accounts
- Open QuickBooks Financial and from under the File tab select Preferences.
- Now click Company and check the accounts under the Financials.
- If you find any items linked directly with AP accounts, then first take a backup of the accounts and then make sure there are no A/P accounts listed under the basic tab.
- The other way for verifying that the correct accounts are selected for the items is to, open Chart of Accounts in your QB Financial and check each item is linked with the correct account type.
Solution to Error 3: Manually Post an Entry to Credit Cash in Drawer
- Navigate to the Sales History in QuickBooks and select the transaction that is giving the error.
- Open the transaction and view its financial history.
- Mark the transaction as sent.
- Now manually post an entry that will credit the Cash in Drawer and debit the relevant expense category.
Hopefully, after following the troubleshooting steps listed in this article, you will be able to resolve QuickBooks Error 3180. We understand that making changes to the accounts and transactions requires a profound knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and in case if you are not feeling comfortable applying the solution, then you can reach us at our direct helpline number +1- 855 738 2784 for immediate help and assistance resolving the error.