Payroll and backup errors are quite common while using QuickBooks Desktop and one such error that affects both these features is QuickBooks Error 248. You might encounter error 248 in QuickBooks while taking the backup of the company file data or while running payroll for your employees. If you receive the error during the backup QuickBooks might display “Warning: QuickBooks found some problems with your company file, but don’t worry! You can fix most issues by rebuilding your company file (File/Utilities/Rebuild Data).” If you are also dealing with such an error, then follow the step-by-step solution listed in this article for a quick fix.
If you’re looking for experts who can help with Common QuickBooks Errors, then call Support Number 1.855.738.2784
Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Backup Error 248
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and from under the file tab select Utilities.
- Click Rebuild Data and follow the prompt to save a backup of the company file.
- Wait until QuickBooks complete the backup process.
- Click OK when you get the message Rebuild has Completed.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Verify Data Utility
- Go to the Utilities option under the File tab and select Verify Data.
- Click OK if you get the message “QuickBooks detected no problems with your data”.
- If the Verify Data tool detects any issues with your company file, then click Rebuild Now.
- Click Close.
NOTE: If running QuickBooks Rebuild Data Tool gives you an error message “Type: paycheck, Paycheck: Txn # 30159 on 15/06/2019, doc#:’8000′, PO#:”, last edited by ”, Source, accnt: <bank name>, $: -200.20, name: < name>” then you need to edit the company file manually to resolve the discrepancy.
Solution to Resolve QuickBooks Error 248 while Running Payroll
Error 248 appears while running payroll because of overpaying an employee and Overpaying Payroll Taxes . To resolve the error, you will need to adjust the overpayment by deleting the relevant paycheck. Follow the instructions below to rectify the issue.
Solution 1: Create an Addition Item to Reimburse the Payment
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the List section.
- Select Payroll List Item and from the Payroll Item drop-down list select New.
- Choose the Custom Setup option and then hit Next.
- Enter a name for the new Item.
- Now select the appropriate account to link the item.
- For the Tax Tracking Type option, choose None and then hit Next twice.
- Hit Neither and then Next.
- Enter the amount that is overpaid and then hit Finish.
In case if you are still not able to resolve the error after following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, then you might need the help of a Expert. You can dial Support Number 1.855.738.2784 to get in touch with one of our certified experts for immediate help resolving QuickBooks Desktop Error 248.